TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b

What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 10:11 AM

Jusssstttt wonderingggg.
I'm kinda sarcastic, (sort of clumsy but i cant help it :S) funny, carefree and very tolerant as i've never really kicked anyone for insulting me xD anddddd I have the talent of thinking up a stining retort within a 10 second timespan. HOOYEAH!

<--- oh by the way I'm 14.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Offline
Bug and Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 01:35 PM

I'm not a guy, but I can answer for my boyfriend.
He likes girls who have a sense of humor and can joke around, but also know how to be serious. He likes girls who he can have a conversation with. He loves when girls are really sweet and genuinely seem to care about people.
(This is what he told me before we started dating).

~~~
Article Editor | Project Advisor
~~~
Skittlify

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 03:32 PM

Every guy likes something different in a girl.
I like a girl with a sense of humour but who I can still have a conversation with about any topic. A girl who's understanding of others and is willing to try anything.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 04:24 PM

Umm... good sense of humor (at least relative to my own). If a girl is offended by or can't laugh at my sense of humor, then it's probably not a good fit. So that's a big one.

Someone that can be honest with me about things, big or small. I have been hurt in the past and so trust is something that doesn't always come easy for me. Knowing that someone will be honest with me about things helps A LOT. And it just feels better in general knowing that we can be open with eachother and not have to hide things.

Someone who will be there for me when I need them. I don't want a therapist or anything, but I want someone who won't just tell me to get over it or ignore me if I'm feeling down. If I'm really important to them, the least they can do is give enough of a shit to be there for me. That's what I would do for them.

Able to be serious when called for, but not always serious. being able to be totally silly and immature sometimes is important.

In the long term, someone with similar goals and aspirations to me is good. i mean, if they want to get married and have 45 kids straight out of college, may not be a good fit, for example

It's cool if they have some of the same interests, but it's also important for them to be interested in different things too. Give us things to do on our own if we ever need space or whatever. For a long term relationship I think that's really important.

Umm... just generally someone I like. I'm throwing this in there to account for all the other things that I can't put into words or that I didn't think of

~Cody

Normal User

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Prayer Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 05:31 PM

A lot of guys like that I have hobbies that are typically guy territory (I'm a tomboy). an ex once told me he liked that because he didn't have to run off with the guys to go play video games or watch the game, he could just do that kind of stuff with me

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Grey Wind Offline
Average Joe

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 05:51 PM

I kind of like outgoing tom boys. Not so much that they overwhelm me, but I like a strong personality that I don't get bored with after a few weeks. Way too many girls are horribly boring.

But on the other end of the spectrum, I like really quiet "good girls" sometimes. More fun to corrupt I guess.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 06:21 PM

I'm not a guy, but thought I'd throw in that all guys are different, so they like different things. And if a guy doesn't like your personality (which, by the way, sounds awesome :P) then he's not the right guy for you.
Otherwise, I imagine it's similar things to what we'd like in guys

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion

I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 06:36 PM

I can answer this for my boyfriend.

Down to earth, open minded, kind, caring, and loyal. That's what he says he loves most. He says he also loves a good sense of humor, and someone who he can trust and rely on. Also, I don't know if he was attracted to this before we started dating or not, but he says he loves my tomboyishness and he loves that I'm not afraid to be different and I speak my mind, and that I care deeply about my friends and would never abandon a friend who needs me.

For some reason he also finds my clumsiness adorable...

I love my big sleepy bear. I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

Last edited by Koharuchan; March 1st 2012 at 04:56 PM.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Resources Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 09:40 PM

I personally like Loving/caring, loyal/trustworthy, sweet, goodlooking, funny girls. Of course, these kinds of girls are hard to find - but they atleast have to be a loving, and loyal/trustworthy girl.

Chris Jackson
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”

(#10 (permalink)) Old
zakc40 Offline
Zak
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zak

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - February 29th 2012, 11:01 PM

It depends on the guy, personally i like people with a sense of fun (but not just doing stupid stuff for the hell of it) witty, funny, and who don't spend all their time indoors.
  Send a message via Skype™ to zakc40 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - March 1st 2012, 08:12 AM

For me:

Clumsiness is attractive to me, and most guys I know. It's just something about it that I can't point out that makes us like you.

A girl who doesn't wait for me to start conversations, and to ask her things. Don't stay quiet if you want to talk about something, and if you want to go somewhere, don't wait for us to ask you. Also, i've read somewhere on the web that 89% of boys would rather have the girl make the first move, for me this is definitely true!

A girl with a sense of humour! Nothing's worse when we crack a joke and a girl takes it the wrong way/stays serious.

A girl who accepts our faults, and doesn't drop us for them. For example, I'm 18, and i'm still in the process of getting my driver's license. It would suck if a girl became uninterested in me for just that reason.

A girl who smiles, and approaches us based on personality, not height.

A girl who is not too clingy and too flirty. It gets annoying to get 100 texts a day from your girlfriend, but it is worse when you see your girlfriend hugging other random guys. We may say we don't mind as long as they're friendly, but it kinda does sting inside.

Most importantly, down to earth! It is REALLY bad when a girl thinks she's a level above you/can do so much better.

Loyalty, caring, etc. are all obvious ones for me.

Yeahh, so this is what I look for even though it's like almost impossible to find a girl with all of these qualities... hehe

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - March 1st 2012, 04:10 PM

Intelligent, kind, playful, and kinky as fuck.

4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
AlexQuinn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - March 2nd 2012, 04:20 AM

Personally, openness is the greatest thing in a girl. Being able to talk to them about anything, be it whether the moon might actually be made of cheese, or sex, or something that's bothering her or whatever. Being able to talk is the best. Besides that, a good sense of humor is always good, and not being super super girly and annoying is good. Could go on forever.

Stare not into the abyss, for the abyss stares also into you.

Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

Eloquence that does not startle, I do not consider eloquence ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Richard

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - March 3rd 2012, 05:13 AM

I personally like a girl who's a little crazy with a sense of humor and can be truthful. And can trust you enough to the point where if you're talking with friends, be it a boy or girl, or can't hang out or text 24/7 she dosn't think you're cheating.

Last edited by Some Random Dude; March 3rd 2012 at 05:19 AM.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - March 8th 2012, 02:47 PM

Righto. Thanks a bunch peeps.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
DrummerBoy Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What personalities do guys like in a girl? - March 9th 2012, 03:23 AM

I like to see smart. I HATE when girls act stupid, and cause drama. I like the girl to have a good sense of humor, and at least know when to be serious.

Closed Thread