TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts


Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!



Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Sorry i had to leave's Avatar
 
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 44
Join Date: March 1st 2012

In love with a girl who has a boyfriend - April 1st 2012, 09:58 AM

hiya all Before you read dont reply replying "oh try and forget about that bitch" etc .. because she is far from a bitch and its hard to forget about a girl so quickly So i am 16 (17) in may and well i have never had a girlfriend because i am really shy around girls. I also lack self
confidence and think i am **** UGLY 24/7 ( look on pics if your down and feel in need of a laugh) and always doubt
myself .. i admit this and need to get help to reduce this They is a girl in school i fancy like crazy .. we have not talked masses but once or twice in school and more on
facebook. To me she is the definition of gorgeous with flowing black hair and a cutie and a personality of an angel ..
she is the only girl i have had "real feelings for and no girl compares to her ... I have never admitted to her before
that i fancy her or anything in fear of rejection because what would a girl like her want to do with me ... today i
found out she has a boyfriend and to put it quite frankly he is a noob .. a "badman" "chav" wanabee who i know will
treat her like rubbish and it pains for me to let her see potentially be treated like this when i would say i would threat her like a princess but not too goody goody if you understsnd what i mean.. Today has literately been the worst day in my life for ages i dont know what to do .. i know this sounds harsh but i kind of wish they broke up and then i could grow some balls and admit i like her and pray she likes me back but i doubt it will happen .. do you think i
should give them time and see what happens between them or would i be better moving on and trying to get rid of
my feelings for her and if so how ?
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
matt30822 Offline
N7 Elite Psych
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
matt30822's Avatar
 
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Perth, Australia

Posts: 27
Join Date: April 1st 2012

Re: In love with a girl who has a boyfriend - April 1st 2012, 10:49 AM

I and undoubtedly ALMOST everyone has been in this position before. One of the most commons questions anyone will ask when seeking relationship advice is should i go for it and ask her/him even though they are seeing someone else. My advice to you is not going to be a yes or no.

It's just going to be this - You will not remember in 10 years time all those times you have been rejected by someone but you will remember all the time you spent someone admiring someone from afar and you didn't have the courage to ask them until it was too late.

If your going to confess to her and ask her out - better to do it now rather then wait in case they turn serious. It's a gamble - for sure - but what in life isn't. Just know that if she says no then you can move on and you will unquestionably find someone else.

Also - don't feel bad about how you look - my younger sister came and peeked over my shoulder and said your profile pic was cute.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
SamMarie's Avatar
 
Name: Sam
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: Pennsylvania, US

Posts: 672
Join Date: November 25th 2010

Re: In love with a girl who has a boyfriend - April 1st 2012, 01:53 PM

I would not say this is love, but infatuation. I feel this is commonly mixed up. Yes, I agree with the above poster that we have ALL been in a situation where we have this enticing crush we just want to be with. The fact that she is with this "chav" is probably just another blindsided relationship we all have been through as well. Most likely, it wouldn't last once she isn't blindfolded anymore. HOWEVER, that isn't always the case. Her personality could convey a mishap because maybe she does like these kind of guys. You can't really know her personality through Facebook especially if you've only talked to her very little at school.

Your choice is your choice, however, I wouldn't do anything to screw it up or it could lessen your chances when she is single again. And if she doesn't like your looks since you believe you aren't the greatest looking, then I can suggest that she probably wouldn't be good to you. I would suggest replacing her with someone else and this strong infatuation will brush off faster than you think. Good luck!




   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Sorry i had to leave's Avatar
 
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 44
Join Date: March 1st 2012

April 1st 2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt30822 View Post
I and undoubtedly ALMOST everyone has been in this position before. One of the most commons questions anyone will ask when seeking relationship advice is should i go for it and ask her/him even though they are seeing someone else. My advice to you is not going to be a yes or no.

It's just going to be this - You will not remember in 10 years time all those times you have been rejected by someone but you will remember all the time you spent someone admiring someone from afar and you didn't have the courage to ask them until it was too late.

If your going to confess to her and ask her out - better to do it now rather then wait in case they turn serious. It's a gamble - for sure - but what in life isn't. Just know that if she says no then you can move on and you will unquestionably find someone else.

Also - don't feel bad about how you look - my younger sister came and peeked over my shoulder and said your profile pic was cute.
thanks for the reply

I can really see me regretting not telling her i like her ... she just seems like no girl compares to her .. i really want to tell her but i can't

awwww thanks haha tell her thanks for the cute comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMarie View Post
I would not say this is love, but infatuation. I feel this is commonly mixed up. Yes, I agree with the above poster that we have ALL been in a situation where we have this enticing crush we just want to be with. The fact that she is with this "chav" is probably just another blindsided relationship we all have been through as well. Most likely, it wouldn't last once she isn't blindfolded anymore. HOWEVER, that isn't always the case. Her personality could convey a mishap because maybe she does like these kind of guys. You can't really know her personality through Facebook especially if you've only talked to her very little at school.

Your choice is your choice, however, I wouldn't do anything to screw it up or it could lessen your chances when she is single again. And if she doesn't like your looks since you believe you aren't the greatest looking, then I can suggest that she probably wouldn't be good to you. I would suggest replacing her with someone else and this strong infatuation will brush off faster than you think. Good luck!
thanks for the reply .. erm well i think she might like the "badboy" type of guy to be honest so she might like him more than i thought she did

thanks

Last edited by PSY; April 4th 2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Cassie999's Avatar
 
Gender: Other

Posts: 402
Join Date: March 4th 2012

Re: In love with a girl who has a boyfriend - April 7th 2012, 08:45 PM

There are two choices you can wait for them to grow apart and go separate ways or you can move on and accept she has a boyfriend and they are together. I don't like you being so harsh on yourself your a very good looking boy and any girl would loved to have you you got lovely personality and everything about you is amazing. Always be confident about yourself. It's not love it's just a crush. You only talk to her a little bit.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Sorry i had to leave's Avatar
 
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 44
Join Date: March 1st 2012

Re: In love with a girl who has a boyfriend - April 7th 2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie999 View Post
There are two choices you can wait for them to grow apart and go separate ways or you can move on and accept she has a boyfriend and they are together. I don't like you being so harsh on yourself your a very good looking boy and any girl would loved to have you you got lovely personality and everything about you is amazing. Always be confident about yourself. It's not love it's just a crush. You only talk to her a little bit.
i have actually just accepted it now and tried to move on by just looking at other girls who are single .. so thank you for replying

Awww thanks soo much for the complements means a lot
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
boyfriend, girl, love

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All material copyright 1998-2014, TeenHelp Inc. All rights reserved.
TeenHelp Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organisation in the United States of America.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.