Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Need help in writing a scene
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
theinfatuatedpanda Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Need help in writing a scene - January 4th 2015, 06:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay so I'm working on this story where the female protagonist attempts to kill herself by drowning but is rescued by someone at the last moment. The scene somewhat goes in a manner that she is walking towards the sea as the water level slowly rises and she is getting immersed in water slowly.
I just wanted to know the mechanisms of drowning. Like, what exactly does one feel when water enters our system in volumes? Or where is the pain felt?

Also, if she is already in the water and almost unconscious, is it scientifically possible to resuscitate her without any medical help? Are there any aftereffects of this?

The girl does not know how to swim, so would the body's impulses still kick in and would she try to save herself involuntarily by struggling?

I hope this made enough sense :/
Any help would be amazing <3
Thanks!

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!