View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My dad on drugs again. - January 15th 2018, 09:09 PM

Hey there,

This is a really difficult situation to be in. I know how hard it can be to worry about a parent who is using drugs. I think the first thing you need to remember is that you can't help him. He has to want to be able to get help for this before any help will benefit him. Something that might be helpful is to talk to him after he has come off of the drugs a bit. Explain to him how worried you are about him and that you want to help him. Talking to him might give you some insight into whether or not he is open to getting help. If he is open to getting help for this there might be some Substance Abuse counseling available to him and that might be a good first step. One of the ways to find this type of counseling would be to look into any services your area might offer. A google search of 'Substance abuse counseling/help in [insert city/state/area]' might be a first step.

If you end up talking to him and he does not seem open to seeking help it might be best for you to take a break and go stay at your mom's. I know this will be a really difficult thing to do but your mental well-being is very important and getting away to re-evaluate everything might help.

I really hope that you are doing okay and if you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.