View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
undertakermat_49 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Can't see nephew because of abusive mother - May 15th 2011, 06:19 AM

This has been bothering me for a year and a half, and it will continue to bother me for awhile. My sister has 3 children and a horrendous life. She has an abusive husband, mostly emotional but he has been physical. Her job pays her next to nothing, maybe $8,000 a year if she's lucky. So what has she done to take out her frustrations? She has abused her oldest son. She has done it as far back as 2002. Most of the time she would put him down; she would also slap him, but never really hard enough to leave marks (I don't approve of any hitting, but it was not hitting that could be "actionable"). In December of 2009, my nephew and my sister had a fight where my nephew fell and hit his head on the tile floor. He scrambled downstairs and cried in the corner in a fetal position. I was heartbroken to see this, and ten days later my sister claims to have beat him so badly that her hands were sore and my nephew was again in a fetal position. Child services was alerted after these incidents, and I have not seen him since. I tried texting and calling him shortly after I had a fight with my sister over the phone, but I could not get through. I have no idea if my nephew will hate me when he turns 18 in 4 years, but it pains me everyday. I could try reaching out to my sister, but that would be difficult given her husband as well as herself. I cannot see anything but a lose lose situation right now. Could I try doing anything at all now? Do I wait 4 years? Do I not wait at all? Can anyone help me?