Thread: Triggering (SH): Self-esteem, shyness, etc.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Self-esteem, shyness, etc. - January 10th 2013, 09:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, I've been through a period of depression and have OCD. I'm putting that out there, simply because I don't know if that info could help with solving these issues.
I'm not really depressed. But I have an INCREDIBLY low self-esteem- I hate myself for this one thing that I'm way too upset about to share. But it doesn't affect me all the time, just when I really think about it. I'll also think about something that I did that was even slightly wrong, and I'll feel pretty much devastated about it for a little while. Finally, if someone makes a slightly rude comment about me, even if I KNOW they're probably joking, I'll be ridiculously hurt by it, on a level that I think is moreso than other people's reactions. In these moments, I often want to do things like dig my fingernails into my thumb tip or something. It's been like this for a really long time.
I'm not quite sure what to do.. Any advice...?

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor