TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount3

Edit avatar

Question Lonely - February 13th 2012, 05:43 PM

OK, so I'm 16, and it's the day before Valentine's Day. And I just feel...lonely. I've never had a boyfriend, or even a proper crush, never been kissed (apart from family of course), and it's my prom in a few months time. I don't exactly go out in big groups like some of my friends at school do at weekends, so I don't meet a lot of guys, and the ones I do meet properly are ones that are just friendly and not romantically interested in me. Plus I go to an all-girls school.

I know I should just enjoy being single, but it would just be nice to have a boyfriend who can just give you a smile, a hug, a peck on the cheek, and tell me it's all gonna be OK.

This all sounds like a massive depressive's moan, but does anybody get what i mean?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gemma. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Gemma

Points: 8,676, Level: 13 Points: 8,676, Level: 13 Points: 8,676, Level: 13

Re: Lonely - February 13th 2012, 06:47 PM

Minus the all girls school...yes! Im 17 so have already had my prom but this is exactly what i was like those few months before and in many ways, i still am. Despite understanding there isnt a lot i can suggest as i havent found an answer myself. Are you looking forward to your prom?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Lonely - February 13th 2012, 11:26 PM

Firstly, you should come to terms with being single. That doesn't mean you'll NEVER find a relationship, but in order to have a happy, healthy relationship with someone, you'll need to accept the fact that you're single for now.

As for Valentines Day, don't sweat it! There are millions of people out there who are single tomorrow, but what they don't realize is the Valentines Day is just a Hallmark Holiday (or a made up holiday). It doesn't NEED to be celebrated. Once you have a significant other, do you really need ONE day to tell you that you love that person? Absolutely not. Every day is worth celebrating your love for someone else, not just one day out of the year.

Since you go to an all-girl's school, I'm assuming it's incredibly difficult to meet those of the opposite sex, but it's not impossible. You just need to put yourself out there. Broaden your horizons, and don't be entirely too picky. Start hanging out with friends, and their friends. The bigger your group becomes, the more chances you are of finding someone you like and shares romantic interests in you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14 Points: 10,040, Level: 14

Re: Lonely - February 14th 2012, 02:11 AM

I completely understand how you feel! Its really hard to meet a really nice guy, and especially with the situation your in, its even more difficult. Valentines Day is the WORST for singles, so instead of just sitting at home watching depressing movies that I always find myself doing, call up a few girl friends, and just hang out Valentines Day isn't just for lovers, its for people who love you and who you love too.

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

Closed Thread