TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Pet loss - September 13th 2020, 11:53 PM

[SIZE="a"][SIZE="a"]I am being anonymous for privacy reasons but I have more detail in my blog entries. My cat passed away early this morning. I found out the night before he died that he suddenly got very sick and that he wasn't going to make it.

If you know me on this site, you'd know how highly I spoke of him and how close we were. He was my true family.

I probably would be grown up to be a grumpy old lady if it weren't for his playfulness, the non judgemental, pure compassion and always being by my side I would've be here today. There were so many times I didn't want to live anymore but I knew he needed me. When I moved out 2 years ago I cried often because I knew his health was declining and that nothing was being done about it. I also knew it would be too unhealthy and unsafe for me to be involved with his care. I did set money aside for him and hoped to one day have a place of my own thst allowed pets and I would move him in with me. But that never happened. I couldn't trust my family to use the money for his vet visits if I had given them the money. I couldn't go there without needing to recover for many weeks. I felt helpless for so long. I grieved an ambiguous loss for 2 years. And I only just started healing and then I lost him by death which just feels like an avalanche just hit me.[/size]
[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Pet loss - September 18th 2020, 07:04 PM

Hi there,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I understand what you mean when you say that he was like family; I also had a very special cat that I grew up, and it was so incredibly painful when I lost him. I still miss him to this day and probably always will, but I make sure that I do things to keep him in my memory. I look at pictures of him often, and I actually have a little black stuffed back on my desk that I look at every day!

Right now, though, I know that there isn't much that I can say to make it better. Pets have an amazing way of making you feel loved and needed, which is exactly what I experienced with my own cat. As a kid who was on the autism spectrum, sometimes I felt like he was the only one who understood me. Be gentle with yourself and take all the time you need to grieve this tremendous loss.

Take good care!

All the best,
Kylie
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: Pet loss - September 19th 2020, 02:58 PM

Hello, I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you will be okay soon. When we have pets, we get very close to them and they become friends to us and that is a lovely thing to have. If you have pictures of your cat, try to make a scrapbook and this can help you out some because you are able to look at them and keep it with you forever. You can also try talking about this to a friend or family member or someone else, it helps for some people. Others may have a hard time opening up and however you feel that is totally fine. Try to get your mind off of this if you can, going for a walk or listening to music or drawing or painting or writing or putting on a funny movie or TV show or something else that you enjoy doing. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Pet loss - September 21st 2020, 04:16 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, I read the blog entry last week but don't think I commented.

I hope you will be ok soon... remember to hold on to the fond memories you had with him.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: Pet loss - September 22nd 2020, 01:53 AM

Hello there,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Animals make profound impacts on our lives - more than we ever realise. If you ever need anything, feel free to message me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Re: Pet loss - September 22nd 2020, 09:48 AM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
Hi there,

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I understand what you mean when you say that he was like family; I also had a very special cat that I grew up, and it was so incredibly painful when I lost him. I still miss him to this day and probably always will, but I make sure that I do things to keep him in my memory. I look at pictures of him often, and I actually have a little black stuffed back on my desk that I look at every day!

Right now, though, I know that there isn't much that I can say to make it better. Pets have an amazing way of making you feel loved and needed, which is exactly what I experienced with my own cat. As a kid who was on the autism spectrum, sometimes I felt like he was the only one who understood me. Be gentle with yourself and take all the time you need to grieve this tremendous loss.

Take good care!

All the best,
Kylie
My cat was a black cat too <3 I felt like he was the only one who understood me until I came to TH in 2012 and started being a real homebody. I figured I have my favorite things in the computer or on the computer (He would sit on my keyboard and play with my pencils)[/size]
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Unhappy Re: Pet loss - September 29th 2020, 06:42 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Aw, so sorry... I've had four pets die and it's the absolute worst. I also had a black cat with white patches named Bella who died last year. I'm really sorry to hear that, stay strong 😘 💚[/size][/color][/font]
Closed Thread