TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BrittanyS Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,950, Level: 11 Points: 5,950, Level: 11 Points: 5,950, Level: 11

Exclamation I just started cutting - December 25th 2013, 07:50 PM

I.Just started cutting and it feels good and my mom always beats me and i have no one to talk to about anything please help my mom says shes gonna ask the doctor for crazy meds because shw thinks I've gone craxy
Please Help!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ral. Offline
'ello.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Points: 9,772, Level: 14 Points: 9,772, Level: 14 Points: 9,772, Level: 14

Re: I just started cutting - December 25th 2013, 08:03 PM

Hi Brittany,

Thank you for reaching out to us at TeenHelp, but I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but know you're not alone. You have people that care about you and want to see you happy here, don't be afraid to talk to us.

Despite what you're going through in life, I can tell you now, cutting is not the answer. Cutting makes everything worse, there are plenty of productive ways to release your emotions, ones that will not harm you. Try taking up a hobby that you enjoy and doing that whenever you feel upset, if you do find yourself getting urges though, take a look at this post; this is a link to the alternatives to self-harm. I highly recommend you try all of those alternatives until you find one that works for you.

If you do find yourself cutting again, be sure to keep the wounds clean, here is a link to first aid information that you may need if you end up cutting too deep. I hope this helps.

As for the situation with your mother, there are people that WILL help you.
1-800-422-4453 is the hotline number for childline. Try speaking to someone on there, they care and if you want it to stop, they will help you tremendously.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you; just send me a PM/VM on the forums.

Keep your head high, stay strong.
~Jack.

PM/VM Me if you need any sort of help, I welcome ANYONE who wants to talk.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Anja123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,990, Level: 11 Points: 5,990, Level: 11 Points: 5,990, Level: 11

Re: I just started cutting - December 25th 2013, 09:05 PM

Hey,for a while,I really enjoyed cutting myself.My mum asked me why i did all that thing.I explained to her that it meda forget the pain I had inside.She helped me doing activities and making me forget about sadness.I recomand you to do the same.Explain it to your mum why do you cutt your body.Maybe she will understand.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chin up, buttercup.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emery

Points: 8,016, Level: 13 Points: 8,016, Level: 13 Points: 8,016, Level: 13

Re: I just started cutting - December 25th 2013, 10:31 PM

Hey there,

First off, I wanna say congratulations for taking a huge step and talking to us here on TH!! It's great that you want to start recovering before anything gets too severe. Great job, I'm very proud of you!

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Nobody deserves to feel as if they have no one to talk to, or in any way feel worthless, useless, or hopeless.

I started cutting about two weeks ago, but I haven't cut since because I've found something that works really well for me: journaling. Whenever I feel the urge to cut (or end up cutting) I write in my journal how I was feeling, what event happened, what made me feel like I needed to cut, anything that triggered me, etc. Then, later, when you are calmer, go back and read what you wrote. Maybe you can establish a pattern of situations or things that trigger you and work on avoiding those in the future.

Of course, not everyone is a writer. There are other options out there for you. Excersicing, biking, walking, running, painting, sewing, blogging, doing puzzles, cooking, cleaning your room, surfing the Internet, dancing, listening to music, just to name a few. Like Jack said, the alternatives list is a great place to check out and get some more ideas on distracting yourself from self harm and get you on the road to recovery!

I hope I've helped you in some way. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.
You are never alone, okay?
Happy holidays!

I love you to the moon and back.

Darling you are the only exception. ~Paramore ♡
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: I just started cutting - January 1st 2014, 08:31 PM

Hey
Thank you for reaching out. I can honestly tell you cutting or any type of self-harm is not worth it. I've been self-harming since I was five years old and it is really addictive and a pain in the ass to stop. You said you just started cutting so I would recommend you try stopping now before you get addicted and it becomes a part of you. There is an alternative thread on here that you should look at and try some of them.

If you ever need to talk you can always pm me or vm me and I'm willing to listen and help anyway I can.
Closed Thread