TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Itstoridarling Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,746, Level: 10 Points: 4,746, Level: 10 Points: 4,746, Level: 10

Unhappy Pregnancy and Self harm - September 1st 2015, 06:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know how much more I can handle . im trying to stay strong for this little guy but it'd hard. I find myself thinking more and more about suicide and more so about the things I can use to cut.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Pregnancy and Self harm - September 2nd 2015, 01:55 AM

Hey there!

Welcome to TeenHelp!

I know how difficult pregnancy can be, I have a challenging one myself. Adding the urge to self harm on top of that must be really difficult for you and I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling. I am glad to hear that you are trying to stay strong for your little one, that is after all the essence of motherhood; protecting your child. Is there anything in particular that you are struggling with right now that we can try to help you out with?

There are plenty of fellow mommas on this site that have been where you are, and even more members who have struggled with self harm. This is a safe place to talk about how you are doing.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20

Re: Pregnancy and Self harm - September 2nd 2015, 06:30 PM

Hey there,

Like Lizzie said, there are a lot of mommys here that can relate to you, and so many people who can relate to self harming tendencies. Is there anything specific going on that makes you feel urges to harm yourself? It's great that you are trying to stay strong for your little guy. So. What can we do for you?

Take care,
Britt.
Closed Thread