TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Worthless- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,214, Level: 8 Points: 3,214, Level: 8 Points: 3,214, Level: 8

Self Harm help - September 24th 2017, 11:55 AM

I hurt myself for the first time today. I was weighing myself and I'd gained weight. I hate my body. I got in the shower and cried, picked up the razor and attempted to cut, it hurt yet didn't bleed so I tried again 4 more times however they all started to bleed. I don't know what to do and I don't know why I did this to myself.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Self Harm help - September 24th 2017, 09:48 PM

Hey,

I made this into it's own thread since I felt you would get more help that way.

I am sorry you are struggling. Self harm can be such a hard thing to deal with. Is there anything in particular that triggered your desire to self harm? Was it your feelings regarding your weight or do you think there might have been more triggers?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,360, Level: 46 Points: 107,360, Level: 46 Points: 107,360, Level: 46

Re: Self Harm help - September 27th 2017, 10:36 PM

Hello,
Thank you so much for coming on and joining teenhelp and welcome. You have done a great job saying what is going on with you.

I am so sorry that you are having a really hard time with this. I wish you were not hurting so much. You said that when you were weighing yourself you didn't like what the scale said and after that you got upset and then you self-harming. When we get upset with something that we don't like about ourselves, that's when we can self-harm because we don't like it and we want that problem to go away. But the truth is self-harming won't make what you saw on the scale go away it's going to make you feel something else.
When you get this feeling again can you try going for a walk or put music on and go for a walk. You can also put on a funny TV show, and also you can get a hair tie or rubber band and you put it around your wrist and when you feel like you're going to self harm snap it a lot to get your mind off of this. I hope that you feel better soon and you will be ok. Lots of hugs.
Closed Thread