TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brookeelizabeth Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brooke

Points: 3,068, Level: 8 Points: 3,068, Level: 8 Points: 3,068, Level: 8

Unhappy Self Harm - September 15th 2018, 03:06 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I need help, I have relapsed on my self harm. I want to get help, get better. I feel like i need to go to the hospital and maybe stay somewhere, i just feel as if theyre going to think im faking it and just want attention. I feel like if i walk in there theyre not gonna take me seriously, can someone please help me i dont know what to do!!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Self Harm - September 15th 2018, 03:27 AM

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp. It's a wonderful place and I am glad you are here. It's incredibly brave of you to share this and ask for help, so I hope you can find some space within yourself to be proud of yourself. Self-harm is very serious and, if left untreated, can become life threatening. It's hard to struggle with thoughts of wanting to hurt yourself, and I am very sorry you are dealing with those thoughts and struggling with those behaviors. It's a coping mechanism for a larger issue but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

If you think you need to go to the hospital I recommend going. I think it takes a great deal of self-awareness to say that to yourself and it takes even more bravery to follow through. If you think it's a safe space for you, and would help you stop hurting yourself, then go to your nearest emergency room. I know you're worried that they won't take you seriously, but they're there to help. If you let them know just how much you're struggling, and emphasize the fact you don't think you can stop on your own, they're probably more likely to admit you.

Good luck, and I hope you make the choice that's right for you. If you need anything please do not hesitate to message me. I've struggled with self harm for many years and I know how tough it is. I'm always willing to listen.

Take care.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Self Harm - September 17th 2018, 02:35 PM

I moved this to the self-harm forum because I think it fits better here.

Did you end up going to the hospital? How are you doing now? Like it was previously mentioned, going to the hospital takes a lot of courage and bravery. Hospital staff more than likely recognize this and will hopefully take you seriously. There are some difficult people in every profession, but I bet there will be people who will take you seriously.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
mentalhelp.21 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Points: 3,402, Level: 8 Points: 3,402, Level: 8 Points: 3,402, Level: 8

Re: Self Harm - September 21st 2018, 06:15 AM

https://psyche.media/self-harm-6

I would check that link out. what really convinces me not to self harm is the song "Under The Knife" by Icon For Hire

"In your deepest pain, in your weakest hour, in your darkest night, you are lovely." -Icon For Hire
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Lead Moderator

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Points: 16,082, Level: 18 Points: 16,082, Level: 18 Points: 16,082, Level: 18

Re: Self Harm - September 22nd 2018, 04:49 AM

Hi There-

Welcome to TeenHelp! It’s great that you are reaching out for help! It’s not an easy thing to do. I struggled with SH in the past and had similar thoughts when asking for help. I didn’t think that I deserved help and I didn’t think that anyone would believe me. I did end up reaching out and it was the best thing I ever did to help myself. The thought of being in a hospital can be terrifiying and it will be difficult at first until you get settled in and get to talk to someone.

Everyone’s experience can be different but I hope that you can find the strength to get the help that you need. Please do not hesitate to PM me if you need anything

Best of luck!
-Jr.

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Lead Moderator
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount28

Edit avatar

Re: Self Harm - September 23rd 2018, 02:57 PM

It has been over a week since you made this thread, OP; I hope you were able to reach out to a trusted adult or professional to get the support you need. I don't think there's anything wrong with going to a hospital and saying you need help combating your self-harm. It does not mean you are weak or attention-seeking; on the contrary, it shows that you acknowledge your struggles and want to get help overcoming them.

Wishing you all the best.
Closed Thread