TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
missmolly Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Teigan

Points: 8,992, Level: 13 Points: 8,992, Level: 13 Points: 8,992, Level: 13

Exclamation cutting more than normal - May 2nd 2011, 05:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I feel so much more suicidal then i normally do.. I am cutting more than i used to.. i dont know whats wrong with me..

I know it sounds pathetic, but i am just so ready to go... My self harm is becoming out of control... I cut so bad a few weeks ago that i had to give myself stitches.. I really want to feel better, but at the same time i dont want to have to actually get better, i like cutting, it makes me feel so much better, but i dont want the scars and i know it is wrong..

Is it normal to go through stages where you are cutting a lot?

I dont know what to do anymore, i am so upset all the time, i cant even remember when i last felt truly happy, which means that it must have been quite awhile ago.. i want to die and i am ready to die, or at least i think i am.. but other people arent ready to let me go, i know its selfish to kill yourself, but for once i just wish i could be selfish and just do it, but im kinda scared that it wont work properly and that someone will find me alive and then i will be in even more shit now and probably get even more depressed...

I even have a plan of how to do it, a few plans actually... I know its wrong and i know i shouldnt have made them but i couldnt stop myself, when i lie in bed at night and im alone thats all i can think of.. I even wrote some suicide notes...

I just dont know what to do.. is it normal to go through a phase where you are so suicidal and cutting so much??

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place"
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
futurehistory Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,074, Level: 13 Points: 9,074, Level: 13 Points: 9,074, Level: 13

Re: cutting more than normal - May 2nd 2011, 01:29 PM

Hey there!
Have you thought about getting any help or advice from people you know, such as friends, family or a teacher?
If you do, I think that's your first step into getting out of what you're feeling at the moment.
If you don't, another option is to go see a counsellor. If you're still at School or College I'm sure they will have their own system where they can set you up to see somebody.
And lastly, there's a whole load of people, including myself, on here who you can talk too.
At this moment in time, suicide is what you feel like you want. But this time tomorrow, next week, month, a few months, even a year! You don't know if you're gonna feel like that then, and you don't want the way you're feeling now to chuck away the rest of your life.

P.S "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place" Your own advice
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
musicguy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,039, Level: 13 Points: 8,039, Level: 13 Points: 8,039, Level: 13

Re: cutting more than normal - May 2nd 2011, 01:45 PM

You pretty much described me, yes I also go through stages of suicidal thoughts and SH.

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hey you beautiful <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: crystal stuart

Points: 23,381, Level: 22 Points: 23,381, Level: 22 Points: 23,381, Level: 22

Re: cutting more than normal - May 3rd 2011, 02:30 AM

u describe me all the time

be brave lifes to short make the most of it add me on http://www.teenhelp.org/ it will do u wonders xxx :P
who ever knows christabel add this group xxx http://www.teenhelp.org/socialgroups...%27s+stalkers/
love crystal

havent self harmed for 4 months
this is my girlfriend http://www.teenhelp.org/users/holliex/
Closed Thread