TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NyanNyan Offline
Not a n00b

Name: NyanNyan

Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14

My boyfriend is cutting! :( - March 8th 2012, 06:01 AM

Today my boyfriend told me he cut himself with an exacto knife on purpose. I asked him why and he says its because everyone hates him. Being a former self harm-er and recovered anorexic, I went through the same thing and I know exactly how he feels. I want to stop him because I know that if he cuts too deep or commits suicide it's going to worry me to death and I'm about to actually have a relapse... The sad thing is that everyone actually DOES hate him. Except me. And it's awful because nobody even has reasons to hate him they just do! If anything, I have reasons to hate him after he cheated on me, but one bad thing doesn't mean he's a bad person and he deserves the second chance especially with the sweet apology he gave me. I told him to stop cutting because it's just going to hurt him and it won't change anyone's feelings and he's going to make me really worried... He responded with "ok I love you" and I have no idea if that means he's considering stopping or if he just wants me to stop worrying! anyways, I really want to know how I can make sure nothing happens to him because I care for him so much and I want him to stay strong.

^-----^
(=• . •=)
Any anime lovers feel free to PM me!
"What's wrong with you?"
"Want me to make a list? *smiles*"
"Ummmm...no thanks I think I know"
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MusicMaker
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: May

Points: 8,371, Level: 13 Points: 8,371, Level: 13 Points: 8,371, Level: 13

Re: My boyfriend is cutting! :( - March 8th 2012, 07:16 PM

Hello NyanNyan,
(Btw nice username) I have gone through this same thing as you. however I am no longer with this person. But when My boyfriend told me he cut he said it was because no on likes him and same as you I knew it was true. He was really a sweet boy and people just judged him because he was different. I told him that when ever he feels like cutting to text me or call me. No matter I told him I would be there for him.
I feel like such a hypocrite now because I self harm.
I think you should tell him how much you love him and that nobody is more lucky to have him as a boyfriend. That he is one of a kind and no one can replace this beautiful person he is. But, no matter what during this time don't ignore him or stop talking to him. It might make it worse and he might become very suicidal. Help him get through this like I helped mine.

However, he hasn't helped me.

Be strong and he should soon try and be strong with you.

PM anytime.

We're all damaged in our own way. Nobody's perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.

~Johnny Depp
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
kirstenyo Offline
Coolest kid around
Not a n00b

Points: 10,231, Level: 14 Points: 10,231, Level: 14 Points: 10,231, Level: 14

Re: My boyfriend is cutting! :( - March 9th 2012, 09:24 PM

All you can really do is be there for him, let him know you are there and you don't hate him. You could even share how you have overcome it and maybe inspire him. This will always get better.

<3 good luck & be strong.

"Art is anything you can get away with"- Andy Warhol
Closed Thread