TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Disabilities Living with a disability, either physical or mental, can be both challenging and life changing. For support, questions and discussions relating to disabilities, post here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rockstar29 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,589, Level: 15 Points: 10,589, Level: 15 Points: 10,589, Level: 15

Unhappy medium sized rant about my learning disability - June 19th 2009, 04:40 AM

mine are mild although i cant read well. i learned to read at a VERY late age...like 12....im just really embaressed because of it. i have really bad grammar. a lot of times i dont do well on english tests. i do well in every other class like high 90s so they wont move me down from scholars which sucks ass cause next year im forced to take advanced placement english and i know im going to fail
idk what to do about that. if i fail im not going to get into college and it sucks cause its all because of my disability. i hate having it. i cant help it and a lot of people pick on me because of it. they wont leave me alone. this one girl always calls me sped and retard. i went to the dean and she got suspended but she keeps doing it. no matter how many times i tell on her she keeps doing it. its like shes not afraid of getting into trouble. when i read in english the kids laugh. i hate it. i've been picked on my whole life either cause of my disability or cause of my size.....im very tiny......i just want to be normal for once.

sorry for the rant.....i just needed to let that off my chest.
and are there other people out there like me?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fairy

Points: 12,495, Level: 16 Points: 12,495, Level: 16 Points: 12,495, Level: 16

Re: medium sized rant about my learning disability - June 19th 2009, 09:22 AM

hey that really sucks, this is most likely not going to be an overly helpful reply (sorry for that) but i will try my best.

is there anyway you can do AP classes in everything other than english? surely your school would let you do AP what ever it is you do (sorry i was in english schooling so i don't really know the american schooling that great) and then you can do normal english, if not maybe get an english tutor or ask for additional support from your school or equilvalent of local athority (again i don't know what that is SORRY!!)

For the reading thing have you ever go tested for scotopic sensitvity syndrome? it's commonly assosiated with people with learning difficulties, i have been diagnosed with it and read specially tinted glasses in order to read more easily in the last 2 years i've gone from barely reading as i struggled so much to being a book worm reading everything i can get my hands on so that might be worth checking out as it makes a world of difference.

Finally the girl, ignoer her, ever school has one stupid bitch (excuse my french) like that in all likely hood you're doing better than her in most classes and she can't handle the fact that some one "disabled" is kicking her ass in classes which is just stupid. ignore her ultimately she will end up knocked up living in a box for being that dumb

this has been a stupidly long post but feel free to pm me when ever you want
Closed Thread