TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/)
-   -   My Warcraft Addiction. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f17-drugs-alcohol-addiction/t31349-my-warcraft-addiction/)

Nalrah December 3rd 2009 01:48 PM

My Warcraft Addiction.

Its a very strange Phenomenon, but I actually hate the game with a vengeance,

People always making quips about how it steals your life and you have no friends, and all the while you play there is this euphoria that everyone respects and looks up to you,

Then id slump out of my PC chair to get a drink and id enter the real world, realise my girlfriend has been chatting on MSN for the past 5 minutes, got impatient and pissed off with me, and shes the only one talking.

I think I have Aggoraphobia, the one where your afraid of the outdoors,

Im not "Scared" Per se, I just cant stand to be outside, im an indoor person and my Girlfriend hates that, ontop of WoW.

I need to quit, but then what else is there to do? It's not a joke when I say there is NOTHING to do in my town, the only thing there was to do was go to a community center, but I made everyone there hate me because i'm posessive over my girlfriend and try every way under the sun to stop her going out with her guy mates, and thats all she has, guy mates.

Thoughts/opinions/suggestions?

CompassionateSoul December 3rd 2009 04:06 PM

Re: My Warcraft Addiction.

If you are trying to deprive her of time with her friends, then ignoring her on MSN because you're preoccupied with World of Warcraft, she isn't likely to tolerate it for very long. You might want to think about which is more important to you - I suggest you delete your WoW account.
It would be wise to face your 'fear' and spend time outside, maybe you don't live somewhere with much natural beauty so you don't really appreciate the outdoors, but there are probably things to do outdoors. Humour your girlfriend and do some things with her, outdoors.
There are plenty of other things to do than sit transfixed to a computer screen for hours. You could spend that time taking your girlfriend on dates and showing her the real you, not the one who [seems to] ignore her online.
Go and see a movie, no matter what the reviews are, if it's terrible you can laugh about it with your girlfriend afterward. Take an interest in a hobby of hers and spend time doing it together. You may want to go back to the community center and apologise to those people you have made 'hate' you. You might want to explain to your girlfriend why you don't like her being around other guys. She will likely interpret it as you being jealous, which is probably the last thing you want. It more likely comes down to trust, and the fact you don't know the other guys very well. Solution? Get to know them and have them trust you, then you will have less to worry about.

Ryuu December 4th 2009 11:14 AM

^ That.

A tip: Enable the parental controls on your WoW Account, get your parent to put in their password and disable your account from being able to log in at any time. At least that way you can focus on other things, for a while.

senken.0 December 4th 2009 12:02 PM

Yeah, get your priorities straight, mate.

You can go walk to a walgreens, (or some local store) and buy some candy (for) and with your girlfriend, It's cheap this time of year.

that's what I do. but minus the girlfriend :\

Ryuu December 4th 2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senken.0 (Post 278050)
that's what I do. but minus the girlfriend :\

Ugh, reminded me of stuff. Gotta hate being lonely. =[

Anyway, Nalrah mate, I'm in a similar position. I can't stand the game and I need to quit, it's sucking away my spare time and my school work is suffering. If you need any advice or can give any, chuck me a PM and we can talk about it.

-Ryuu

Age of Ignorance December 4th 2009 11:16 PM

Mmm. When I wanted to quit in Vanilla, I ninja'd from the best guild on the server (Ascension - Kilrogg) and was shunned from the whole server. I never really had a problem after that of getting out of it.

The one time I did want to quit afterwards, all I did was delete on my items but kept my characters. It was impossible to do anything, so I just didn't bother playing anymore after that.

Try something similar?

Lightning December 15th 2009 10:40 PM

Just uninstall WoW and toss away the disc.. that's the better choice if you hate it, but yet like it.

But I believe that real life is first before WoW and those other things

Wishbone December 26th 2009 05:44 PM

i was playing for 5 years, have 4 level 80's on auchendaun, however its spelled, able to heal for 10 man TOC (if you know what that is) i have created so many chars .. i ran 3 guilds and own 4, two of them each have 6 tabs in the guild bank.. I was very well known for arguing with negative people on the trade channel.. this game really sapped my emotions, and time.. so i quit.

Feel free to chat with me - i could even still answer world of warcraft questions to help you in your game if you like.. i could nearly have joined the game masters to administrate, i knew so much.. bleh.. if only I got paid to play