TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19 Points: 18,110, Level: 19

alcohol urges - July 15th 2011, 09:58 PM

OK so I do not drink like my whole life I have had like 4oz of beer as I am underage for one. However, my 20th birthday is next month and you must be 21 to drink legally and the closer I get to my 21st the WORSE I want to drink. I go to a VERY strict and traditional Christian college and am not to drink at ALL legal or not. I plan to breach that contract frankly just a little bit when I am of age, but it seems that I am wanting it now and the closer my 21st gets the worse it gets.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: alcohol urges - July 20th 2011, 05:19 PM

Hey! I am so sorry that it took so long for you to get a reply!

Anyway, you can breach that 'contract'. Once you are 21 years of age, you are allowed to do what you want. It is your life. I know the Christian college won't allow you to drink on campus, however, I'm sure there are bars and other places you can go to once you've turn of legal age. Remember, you've never really drank, so it will be likely that you'll get very drunk, very quickly, as your alcohol tolerance isn't anywhere near great! Take things slowly, and have a few drinks here and there when you are home and with friends.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread