TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
occcoolboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14

Exclamation Its Time to Achieve my Goal, but I Need Help!!! - March 26th 2014, 06:00 PM

hello,

I'm currently a freshmen in college and i've been facing a huge problem in my life. many of my friends went to separate colleges, but i decided to go to a community college because of the costs and health issues. I've been having lots of issues with socializing and making new friends, but heres the most important thing to me. i haven't been in a relationship for over a year and a half (my last relationship was a long distance and it was my first ever relationship).from the long time of being single after the breakup, i decided to go back to finding a girl and being a relationship, but this time a close distance relationship. i don't know any ideas on how to find the right girl for me at all. i really need help on finding the right girl for me. what should i do? i really want to achieve my goals and have a happy life that i once used to have. thank you very much.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hayleyirock Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,803, Level: 11 Points: 5,803, Level: 11 Points: 5,803, Level: 11

Re: Its Time to Achieve my Goal, but I Need Help!!! - March 26th 2014, 06:40 PM

If you keep looking, you may find the wrong girl! The best thing to do is not to worry and carry on with your life and then one day, a girl may catch your eye, and one thing could lead to another! Good luck!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Its Time to Achieve my Goal, but I Need Help!!! - March 26th 2014, 08:23 PM

I met my fiancé through a Bible study group. =) Sometimes, the best relationships begin as good friendships, so I would focus on making female friends! Joining clubs/organizations at your community college, in your city/neighborhood, etc. can present you with opportunities to meet those new female friends.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Its Time to Achieve my Goal, but I Need Help!!! - March 26th 2014, 08:42 PM

Robin has got it right, you just need to put yourself out there and meet new people. If you go out trying to find 'the one' then you'll probably have a hard time and end up being disappointed. Join some clubs, meet some new people at college and you'll find someone special.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PureStorm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13

Re: Its Time to Achieve my Goal, but I Need Help!!! - March 26th 2014, 09:34 PM

Well, having been in 4 different hobby groups where there were ~50% women but none a potential date, I can't agree with ^ . You might find one there, but it's unlikely. And if you aren't looking as a male in this society, you're most likely going to stay single. Men -usually- make the first step and come to women, so advice from [those] women [who it works for] to you will be to stay passive and wait for it to happen, because it works for them. But to many men who do this, it just won't happen. I know 2 really decent guys, 27 and 28 years old now, they're probably a little better looking than I. I've known them for years, they're not awkward, not around women either. But they are waiting for a good opportunity to show itself, they've done so for many years. They refuse to become active and stay single. I'd still have a really shitty dating life if I hadn't become active 2-3 years ago.

I say go look for her. By that I don't mean stalking everybody I mean finding someone interesting by striking up casual conversations with random people who look interesting, not limited to women. If you learn to do this, opportunities will show themselves if it clicks.
It takes some practice to get them interested in continuing the conversation, though.

Wishing you the success you seek,
R.

Quote:
"In summary, men experience systematic discrimination in parenting, domestic violence policies, education, criminal sentencing, paternity, forced labor, military conscription, public health policies, genital integrity, false accusations, reproductive rights, portrayal by the media and in the coverage of their issues by the news media."
http://www.avoiceformen.com/
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11

Re: Its Time to Achieve my Goal, but I Need Help!!! - March 26th 2014, 10:22 PM

Chances are, if you actively look for someone, you won't find anyone too special. It'll be frustrating at times, because it'll seem like you're never going to find someone special to be with.

To combat this, it's important for you to be comfortable with where you are now - being single. I think this is something that a lot of people forget. While having someone in your life is nice, it's important for you to be completely comfortable with being single. Once this happens, only then will you be able to appreciate a meaningful relationship.

I want to echo the above users who have encouraged you to meet people. In college and university, the opportunities to meet new people are countless - take advantage of this. Join clubs and other activities that interest you. Not only will this provide you with the opportunity to meet a lot of new people, but these people will also share at least one similar interest.

All in all, college is about broadening your horizons. Take this time to grow and develop as an individual; this is really important. During college, most people change a lot - and I encourage you to do the same. Explore your interests, meet new people, and take advantage of all of the opportunities that college has to offer. While getting an awesome education is extremely important, it's only a small part of the value that college has to offer. Have an open mind about everything and don't be afraid to try new things.

Good luck.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.
Closed Thread