TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
football94 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 8,764, Level: 13 Points: 8,764, Level: 13 Points: 8,764, Level: 13

Exclamation Can anyone help me with this goal - July 13th 2011, 12:37 PM

Can you give me some advice on how you got fit/sculpted a 6 pack?
Backround info.

Since the eight grade I have had 3 main goals each school year and sub goals and I have achieved every single one of them except my goal of having six pack abs. Now I'm going into my senior year and want to have them before I graduate for next summer and college. The thing is, I already eat healthy, I walk/jog a few miles every summer week and I can do a few pull ups and over 63 sit ups per minute. This goal keeps itching at me more and more the older I get and the more I get invited to the beach and pools. Any suggestions? Thanks for helping

Extra Info if it helps
I am somewhat athletic. I can run a mile in under 8 minutes in the morning with 0 humidity even if its in the 70s or 80s but can't do that if there is 40% humidity. I play sports with friends like football and basketball and am at par with the majority of the football team when it comes to speed and endurance
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22

Re: Can anyone help me with this goal - July 16th 2011, 04:35 PM

you just need to do some strength and conditioning, remember what you do with one you must do to the other make sure you tone up your lats and back muscles AND tummy
you can always google excersizes that work your abdominal muscles for me instead of just doing crunches i put my feet on a bed or something at least a foot of the floor i do a sit up and hold myself up for 3 seconds (dont count to fast) and DONT USE YOUR HANDS just use your abdominals to hold you up, if your shaking a bit thats good it means those muscles are working hard then once you get to 3 slow lay back down do 10 reps and 3 sets. also doing side bridges/side pushups (25 on each side and then switch to the other) do front, back and side bridges it works your whole core...this one we do in kickboxing and dont forget to stretch your abs out after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNpRGdWrukg we usually do this then do push ups like that on our sides
hope this helps and good luck

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Serene Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,455, Level: 13 Points: 8,455, Level: 13 Points: 8,455, Level: 13

Re: Can anyone help me with this goal - July 16th 2011, 11:59 PM

You are doing 63 situps every 60 seconds? The goal of a situp is supposed to be to make your stomach feel contracted and tight, not do as many as fast as you can.

Most fat is stored above the pelvis, if you want anything to show, you need to lose it. But you can't expect to just lose fat from a singular place on your body. Eating healthy just doesn't mean cutting out the McDonalds. How strict is your diet? I know you said you need them in a year, but if you want fast results you need a suitable diet and work out routine according to your body type.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22

Re: Can anyone help me with this goal - July 17th 2011, 04:10 AM

and just to add to what serene said, you need to make a lifestyle change not just have a diet as i'm sure thats what he meant... i had a ufc fighter come and teach our class once and now i've got him as a friend on facebook so i get all his updates and keep in contact sometimes he posts his routines or diets so quoting from a ufc fighter three rules to keep your weight down
1. No foods with flour (so bye bye pasta, bread and other such things)
2. No sugar except fruit before and after work outs
3. No eating after 7pm

that might be a little strict for someone who isn't planning on fighting or anything but it is a suggestion

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.
Closed Thread