TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cheer7rocks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,734, Level: 13 Points: 8,734, Level: 13 Points: 8,734, Level: 13

Question Rape and abuse: what do I do - March 8th 2010, 05:24 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ok I really need some advice. 2 years ago when I was 14 my 18 year old cousin and his friend both raped me for two hours. They ripped off my clothes, tied my hands above my head to the bed posts, and kissed me. While my cousin gave me oral sex his friend was grabbing my boobs. Then my cousin had sex with me. I was still a virgin and it hurt so bad. Then his friend had sex with me. They threatened me with a knife and made me promise not to tell. Then a year ago my dad came home drunk and started grabbing me. He then proceeded to grab a pool table stick and beat me with it. I ended up with 2 broken ribs and multiple bruises. And 3 months ago my dad left me alone with a family friend who was 43 years old. He raped me and hit me. I just cried through it all. I want to tell my best friend who I have known all my life but I don't know how. Please give me advice on telling and coping with it.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rebecca

Points: 13,828, Level: 17 Points: 13,828, Level: 17 Points: 13,828, Level: 17

Re: Rape and abuse: what do I do - March 8th 2010, 10:12 AM

first off, sweetie, i am soo sorry that this has happened to you. this is not at all your fault, so dont ever think that. you need to get into some councelling. and telling the police would be a good idea, but maybe tell a trusted friend or adult or family member. they can help you out with this. feel free to contact me though, if you need.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Cheer7rocks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rape and abuse: what do I do - March 9th 2010, 04:54 AM

Thanks for the advice. This weekend my bestfriend and I are having a sleepover and I'm going to tell her so she can be my support when I tell my mom.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Rape and abuse: what do I do - March 9th 2010, 07:14 AM

your welcome! i hope things go well for you. and keep me up to date too. ive been through these things. definatly NOT easy! but im here for you
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Cheer7rocks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rape and abuse: what do I do - March 10th 2010, 04:08 AM

Thank you so much. I actually hung out with my bestfriend today after cheer practice and we were alone and talking. I told her there was something important I needed to tell her. She was shocked and just kept repeating that she was sorry and also how strong I was because she had no idea about it. I asked her to help me tell my mom and she said she would pray for me and be there. I am so glad I told her.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Cheer7rocks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Rape and abuse: what do I do - March 11th 2010, 11:01 PM

Ok I'm getting nervous right now because my mom and I are having dinner tonight and going shopping. I want to tell her tonight but I'm not sure how to tell her. Please help.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Rape and abuse: what do I do - March 12th 2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheer7rocks View Post
Ok I'm getting nervous right now because my mom and I are having dinner tonight and going shopping. I want to tell her tonight but I'm not sure how to tell her. Please help.
its not something you have to rush. so dont feel like that. either way, its not going to be easy. you could try saying it as if your talking about somebody else, thats how i talk about mine. it can be a little easier that way.
Closed Thread