TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Smile International Day of Happiness - March 20th 2021, 11:39 AM

As our calendar states, today is International Day of Happiness!

I admit, I hadn't heard of it before so I did a bit of digging and discovered that it was established in 2012 by the United Nations as it was recognised the importance of happiness and wellbeing and how this is impacted by factors such as poverty or a noninclusive society. You can find out more about the UN's adoption of 20th March as International Day of Happiness, here.

It got me thinking though. Many of us have been through trauma, loss and other stresses and difficulties that life can bring. The ongoing covid-19/coronavirus pandemic, in particular, has taken it's toll on people and communities worldwide. While it's important to recognise what we've been through, have our voices heard, and to have our feelings validated, I think it's also important to look for the things that bring us happiness too.

For me, my family makes me happy (something I thought I would never say growing up!). We always have a laugh about something silly. I realise I'm lucky in that not everyone has family they can count on to get them through life.

So, what makes you happy? If you haven't felt happy in a while, what used to bring you happiness? Or, what makes you feel even just a little bit happier or more positive about life?

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer

Last edited by Celyn; March 20th 2021 at 12:24 PM.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: International Day of Happiness - March 20th 2021, 12:03 PM

My friend makes me happy. Despite him living all the way in California, he's my longest known friend. We've quite literally spoken every single day. We still do. We're that comfortable with each other we just share absolutely everything. Even down to nasty toilet habits and all sorts.

I can safely say he's the greatest friend I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. If I could, I would visit him. He's always so supportive. Listens to me. Sometimes I wonder how he manages to put up with me. He never says anything bad about me and always makes me feel better.

I've known him since I was 17 years old. This April it'll be 13 years.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: International Day of Happiness - March 20th 2021, 12:03 PM

Happiness for me is having Ted back in my life. Also that my family has got larger, and Leonardo will be setting up his chambers in Monaco, thus expanding his legal business. And that he has also become an important part of my family.

I am also very happy because we are going to have a new dog. The previous one came from a rescue home, but had psychological problems causing aggression so it had to be returned. Instead, we are buying a beautiful male dog that is a cross between a Husky and a shaggy German Shepherd.

What is so attracting us is this little rascal looks like a wolf. It has the most expressive blue eyes. We think its eyes came the Husky side.

Ted and I have always had a deep feeling for wolves. It's hard to say why, exactly. Maybe it's because there is something almost - mystical about, wolves.

We will be getting it at the end of next week, really only for reasons of time. It's exciting, but also bringing Ted and I, great happiness.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: International Day of Happiness - March 20th 2021, 06:55 PM

My friends bring me happiness because we laugh at things most other people wouldn't find funny. We all have the same sense of humour and always find a way to have fun even when we can't meet up or see each other. One friend in particular I have been friends with since I was 5/6 years old, and I'm very happy to still be friends 20 years on.

My family also make me happy. They're really supportive people who I know I can rely on, and we always find a way to laugh even when things aren't all good.

This is a great post!

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread