TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Days - December 11th 2020, 08:25 AM

We all have days when we feel small. Really small. Completely inadequate, but saddled with all or responsibility to the ones we love. I have to keep my family safe. and safe from anyone whose intent is to hurt them. I have to do right by my family and those call our friends. I have to fight battles in myself, jut like anyone.

In the ideal world there would be days when I would love to pull the cover over my head and say to hell with it. But I don't do that. And most people don't do that. Most people get up and do their jobs and work hard for no reward at all - but just so they can get up the next day and do the whole thing over again. The world isn't perfect, and some days it wears you down. You can either accept that, and face it, and be a help to others instead of a hindrance. Or you decide the rules are too tough and they shouldn't apply to you, and you can ignore them and make things harder for everybody else. Sometimes life isn't about being sad and doing things anyway. Sometimes it's about hurt and doing things anyway. The point isn't perfection. The point is doing it anyway.

You make a go of it. The hard way - one day at a time, and with patience. And you'll hope people will have patience for you, as well.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Days - December 12th 2020, 02:27 PM

Thank you for sharing this. I agree, one day at a time is a good way of dealing with things. And having patience too.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Days - December 12th 2020, 09:27 PM

I write a lot, Hollie. But I have help my my twin Sis with the spelling. She's always around to help me. Don't know how I'd cope with her. I read a lot, too, but it's all part of the degree course I'm doing at home.

Given time I'd like to give more to Teen Help.

As you said, taking a day at a time is necessary. But mostly I plan ahead because we have a lot to do and sometimes, Maman travels somewhere leaving no notice. But some mornings it's a real battle to crawl out of bed!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Days - December 12th 2020, 10:00 PM

I agree. There are days when I've just felt like I can't push myself. But then I remember that without me, my family would suffer. I bring in money to support them and help my mother with her health issues.

I think the important thing is to remember what drives us to continue. My family and my desire to move away from home are what drive me to continue going. It's what gives me a shove when I feel low.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Days - December 12th 2020, 10:12 PM

I'm driven in a similar way. Maman could swan off to New York or Chicago if her agent in Paris gives her a new contract, but in the meantime my Sis and I plough on doing what we love best.

To earn a decent crust, to work for oneself is hard going, and nay-sayers are always round to jeer. But they know nothing, or hvae nothing better to do.

Usually I like winter since it's very hot in the Côte d'Azur, and then the cicaders drive everyone bats.
Closed Thread