TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful Lie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Points: 10,106, Level: 14 Points: 10,106, Level: 14 Points: 10,106, Level: 14

Is this an eating disorder or a problem? - August 15th 2012, 07:27 PM

I find that my eating habit is not the best but for some reason I'm not conscious about my weight but I find it difficult to eat because it makes me feel physically sick I can eat children's portions or some times nothing at all I also cant eat take away or ready meals anymore because it leaves wanting to be sick is it just something psychological or is it an eating disorder? Please can someone answer this question for me if they know.

Giving up doesn't mean your weak sometimes it means that your strong enough to let go <3

Today isn't just another day, today I'll create something beautiful <3

Always feel free to VM/PM/Email me for anything always happy to help the best I can
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Is this an eating disorder or a problem? - August 15th 2012, 10:21 PM

Hey there,

I would say that you DON'T have an eating disorder. Those with Ed's are very conscious of their weight and simply don't eat due to an intense fear of weight gain. There are other deciding factors to diagnose one with an ED, but if you don't fall into what I mentioned above- it's highly likely that you don't have an ED. Though, I'm not a doctor, so I can't officially diagnose you or NOT diagnose you with anything. I don't know if your eating issues is psychological or physical. It would take a bit more background history to know, and even then I wouldn't know. I would say you need to contact a doctor. Not eating is dangerous, as I'm sure you know, and there could be some medical issue that needs to be take care of. Do your parents know about this? If not, clue them in! Talk to the doctor. In the mean time try to eat what you can and eat things that are light on the stomach (Soup, crackers, etc). Hope you feel better soon <3

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MaryBrown Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,157, Level: 12 Points: 7,157, Level: 12 Points: 7,157, Level: 12

Re: Is this an eating disorder or a problem? - August 23rd 2012, 04:11 AM

Teen age itself comes across various hormonal changes which lead to lots of significant behavioral changes in boys/girls. In the same way 'eating disorder' is a psychological problem in which the teenagers develops problems in eating habits.
One category is of 'anorexic' patients who develop fear of gaining weight and another category is 'bulimic' who eat but soon tend to take out the food out of stomach by means of vomiting or anything else.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Is this an eating disorder or a problem? - August 23rd 2012, 07:45 AM

Hey Nicole!

Please keep in mind that no one here is a doctor. Because of that, we can not officially tell you whether or not you have an eating disorder. However, I'm going to lean towards saying that you do not have an eating disorder. People who do suffer from them are very conscious of their weight and the things that they eat. It's basically an obsession for them.

You might want to think about contacting a doctor about the trouble you have with eating. The fact that food makes you sick could be psychological, but it could also be something physical. Either way, not eating is dangerous and it isn't something that you want to continue with. Contact your doctor and see if you can make an appointment for him to check you out. If there is something behind your eating habits, he'll be able to help you figure out how to improve them and get onto a healthier path.

Take care!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Is this an eating disorder or a problem? - August 25th 2012, 08:07 AM

I would bring this up with a doctor. You may not fall under an "eating disorder" meaning a psychological disorder about your eating, but there can be something disordered about your eating meaning a stomach problem, or maybe a deeply psychological issue about something else. Nobody on TeenHelp are doctors that can answer that question, so I'd recommend you see one yourself.

something burning?
Closed Thread