TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica Elizabeth

Points: 6,874, Level: 12 Points: 6,874, Level: 12 Points: 6,874, Level: 12

Please support me in recovering from my eating disorder - January 2nd 2013, 12:27 PM

Hey, my names Jessica! When I was 11 people started telling me I was fat when I really wasn't! I was [Edited] pounds but that didnt matter. Im 13 now and [Edited] pounds. I started only eating very small portioned meals when I was arround my mom but she didnt even notice that I would make myself throw-up after every meal. Im a dancer so this was very dangerous because i fell off a stage dancing at a compatition and broke my leg. Im really scared and could really use any advice on what to do and how to brake this habbit. Also any support at all would be really helpfull.

Last edited by Just Peachy.; January 2nd 2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Please do not post weight figures, as they are agains the CoC. Thanks! :)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: Please support me in recovering from my eating disorder - January 2nd 2013, 05:54 PM

Hey Jessica. =)

Eating disorders are scary, and without help can be almost impossible to recover from. Have you thought about talking to your mom, or another adult, about these habits? If not, you may want to consider doing so. It's hard to bring up senestive topics like this to loved ones but you'll find they only want to help you feel better. And everyone here at TH is here for you as we'll.

-Eclipse/Erin
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Please support me in recovering from my eating disorder - January 2nd 2013, 10:15 PM

Welcome to Teen Help

You can't go through this alone. I'm sure you're not fat. Those people called you fat because they were insecure about themselves and didn't want to face their own problems. You should talk to a teacher, coach, school counselor, or any trusted adult about this. Telling people may be hard, but you can do it!

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Hailey

Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18

Re: Please support me in recovering from my eating disorder - January 3rd 2013, 01:00 AM

Hey Jessica, to TH!

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with this. But remember, we're all here to back you up and help you get through this, and you CAN get through it! Like Cassie and Erin said, I really suggest that you talk to an adult about it. I know from personal experience that talking to someone can be very difficult and very scary, but it's amazing how much better you feel afterwards, and adults can help you in ways that no one else can. If you talk to an adult, you WILL get help and you will be okay. The best part is...*drumroll*...all of us at TH are here to support you the whole way!

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here. Feel free to PM/VM me anytime. Good luck! <3

~Hailey

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Please support me in recovering from my eating disorder - January 3rd 2013, 05:26 PM

Hello Jessie.

I haven't got very much to reply with but I wanted to reply back to your thread to let you know how brilliant I think it is that you're in recovery and that you've come to us for help to support you through that. We may not always have an answer for you but we'll always be here to listen and support you through this as best as we can. You deserve happiness and good health and I really hope that recovery goes well for you. Just remember that it's going to be on on-going battle for a little while, that they're going to be days where you want nothing more to give it and that at times it's going to be incredibly hard but if you work for it, stay determined, believe in yourself and stay fighting, you'll get there. You will get through this and in the end it will all be so worth it, yeah? And you are worth it. You are worth more than your Eating Disorder and you deserve love towards yourself.

Keep on smiling, fighter,
Jessie :-)

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
rightsmith12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,638, Level: 11 Points: 6,638, Level: 11 Points: 6,638, Level: 11

Re: Please support me in recovering from my eating disorder - January 4th 2013, 12:34 PM

Hello Jessie.
I have great suggestion for u to get out from this scary eating disorder. I suggest u to eat something in a Adequate amount so u have to digest easily. You have really some routine work out to shape up your body and help you to make your digestion system work healthy.
Closed Thread