TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14

Eating disorder and overweight?? - November 8th 2015, 04:16 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay so I opened up that I might have a potential ED (I don't want to self diagnosed myself) because I binge and purge basically everyday and some of the times more than that.... So I told my doc and I got referred to a place that spealizes in ED, told my parents they support me and all.... but I am LEGITLY overweight! I don't feel like I could have one... I have an to go the one place tomorrow... What if they weigh me and laugh at my weight or be all like oh you are way to fat to be helped?? Like I look in the mirror and I cry... I just don't think I'm sick enough.. I dont even know if this is all in my head or if my ED is real. I don't want tomorrow to come... I don't know what to expect

Sorry I'm just rambling, but my question is that.. Can have an ED and be slightly overweight? Also (I know this varies but) what should I expect in an ED assessment?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Eating disorder and overweight?? - November 8th 2015, 07:30 PM

I am diagnosed with EDNOS and I am OBESE like the doctors told me so. You can never be too fat for an eating disorder that is the misconception of them. And it sounds like you might be bulimic and bulimics are usually regular weight or over weight. I would go to the place and get help. I doubt they will laugh at your weight and you will probably find other people there that are about same weight as you are even more,
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: Eating disorder and overweight?? - November 8th 2015, 07:52 PM

Like Frankie said, your weight doesn't matter when it comes to whether you have a problem or not. Eating problems don't discriminate, and I'm really happy you're seeking help!

Take as long as you need.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14 Points: 10,038, Level: 14

Re: Eating disorder and overweight?? - November 9th 2015, 02:42 AM

Thanks for the reinassurence (: I'm just really nervous!
Closed Thread