TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pika Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,650, Level: 10 Points: 4,650, Level: 10 Points: 4,650, Level: 10

Unhappy I had Anorexia now i cant stop eating...is it normal to eat loads after recovery - October 5th 2015, 11:28 PM

Hi im 17 year old male 6ft1 edited pounds probably more now after i ate about edited calories today.... I use to weigh edited pounds really underweight for my height.. It started out restricting and then one night i felt like iwas going to die pain in heart etc... So i binged that night it felt great ... For two months since ive binged on and off doing the cycle thing used to eat edited calories in one sitting on top of editedcalories.... But i decided i want to stop restricting and trying to lose weight ... I havent binged in a long time but ive been like overeating edited calories a day good food like good yoghurts chicken vegetables... Its just like my body wants to eat ...like its saying i want that... Like this is what i had today...
Woke up had porridge edited cal
Had a sandwhich for launch edited cal
Had grapes edited cal
Yoghurt edited cal
And then for a snack i had rice pudding edited cal
For dinner i had vegetables and pasta edited cal
After that i had two rice pudding again edited cal

Snack again rice pudding edited cal
Ok so i was doing great and then i felt hungry again 4 hours later and had porridge and rice pudding and that added up to edited cal with a glass of milk...

And then i gelt hungry agagin and had a yoghurt edited cal with chocolate biscuits edited cal + edited cal
And some more milk...
But the thing is i know it was was not a binge because i dont feel sick after this or in pain like i use to... I had about edited calories maybe a bit more yesterday i had edited calories....
Its like my body thinks its going to be starved again and im not eating junk food i just want this to stop i dont wanna be fat ... Ive put so much weight on which is good but too much i think my stomach is always bloated and getting fat.. The doctor still says im underweight for my height .... Is my body still recovering...

Last edited by Ennui.; October 6th 2015 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight/calorie numbers.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: I had Anorexia now i cant stop eating...is it normal to eat loads after recovery - October 5th 2015, 11:41 PM

first of all you are not allowed to post weight numbers or calories it is against the Code of Conduct which you can read here.

Eating disorders are very tricky. I think this normal but you should probably go to a nutritionist or therapist and get a meal plan and stick to it for a while so your eating is normalized.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ninasju Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nina

Points: 6,655, Level: 12 Points: 6,655, Level: 12 Points: 6,655, Level: 12

Re: I had Anorexia now i cant stop eating...is it normal to eat loads after recovery - October 6th 2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pika View Post
Hi im 17 year old male 6ft1 edited pounds probably more now after i ate about edited calories today.... I use to weigh edited pounds really underweight for my height.. It started out restricting and then one night i felt like iwas going to die pain in heart etc... So i binged that night it felt great ... For two months since ive binged on and off doing the cycle thing used to eat edited calories in one sitting on top of editedcalories.... But i decided i want to stop restricting and trying to lose weight ... I havent binged in a long time but ive been like overeating edited calories a day good food like good yoghurts chicken vegetables... Its just like my body wants to eat ...like its saying i want that... Like this is what i had today...
Woke up had porridge edited cal
Had a sandwhich for launch edited cal
Had grapes edited cal
Yoghurt edited cal
And then for a snack i had rice pudding edited cal
For dinner i had vegetables and pasta edited cal
After that i had two rice pudding again edited cal

Snack again rice pudding edited cal
Ok so i was doing great and then i felt hungry again 4 hours later and had porridge and rice pudding and that added up to edited cal with a glass of milk...

And then i gelt hungry agagin and had a yoghurt edited cal with chocolate biscuits edited cal + edited cal
And some more milk...
But the thing is i know it was was not a binge because i dont feel sick after this or in pain like i use to... I had about edited calories maybe a bit more yesterday i had edited calories....
Its like my body thinks its going to be starved again and im not eating junk food i just want this to stop i dont wanna be fat ... Ive put so much weight on which is good but too much i think my stomach is always bloated and getting fat.. The doctor still says im underweight for my height .... Is my body still recovering...

Hey love, I'm recovering from an ed to, and the last few years I've been learning about WHY the body and mind needs food (I've had problems with restricting)
When you starve your body it adjusts as well as it can (that's why hunger/appetite usually goes away) but that doesn't mean your anatomy changes, that's impossible, I'm sure you're aware how dangerous eating disorders are, and the more you're body's hurting the more food you need

The hard thing is that you have to adjust just as slowly to start eating more again.
So the next time you feel extremely hungry it's because you're body still needs to heal and catch up with you, even if it seems like that should've already happened
(Short answer - it's completely normal)
Sorry about the rant, I hope it helps
Closed Thread