TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Girl.

Edit avatar

Upset - October 7th 2023, 10:30 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Somedays I have a very hard time eating, it can take me over an hour just to eat something simple like yogurt for example and then other days I can eat breakfast or lunch or dinner. On the days that it's hard to eat, I have on my headphones and I'm listening to music to try to help myself eat and I get so upset when it's taken me forever to eat. I have a problem with food, I've had it for a while and now I need to get help. The problem is I don't like to bother others about what I'm going through and I need a therapist or a eating disorder treatment center to help me. I'm on my parents insurance, I don't want them to know about this because they are not together anymore, everyone else in my family is always so busy so I don't want to bother someone. Sometimes I'll make myself sick because I always feel so fat and I hate myself so much I cry and want to be alone. I feel like I'm not a good person for doing this to myself.[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/they

Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16

Re: Upset - October 7th 2023, 11:10 PM

Hello there Girl,

Thanks for writing into the TeenHelp Forums. I noticed you mentioned having a hard time eating, and it can take you over an hour to eat. I also realize you get upset whenever it takes you long to eat.

I totally get not wanting your parents to find out about you seeking therapy or so for this. I would probably talk to whichever parent you are comfortable with about this perhaps? I know you don't want them to know about it, but if this were me I'd talk to one of my parents and get their advice and thoughts. I know they're not together anymore as you said. Also, maybe perhaps talk to another family member when they're not busy? Maybe they can speak on your behalf on the issues and go from there.

I am hoping that you can get the help you need! I really wish you the best in whatever you do decide to do.