TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Raylolo Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Points: 13,485, Level: 16 Points: 13,485, Level: 16 Points: 13,485, Level: 16

Bad Bulimia,suspicious of anorexia, and suicide threats. - August 20th 2009, 05:55 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My girlfriend (yes I am back with her...I don't feel like explaining. Best I got is that I don't give up on something or someone I'm passionate about) has very bad bulimia! She has had it for probably a year or two now, but it's been 8 1/2 months since I've known her and she still won't stop! She also is telling me lately she won't eat and that she wants to kill herself! I keep trying to convince her otherwise, but she continues all of the above! She has a doctor and is on meds for her bulimia, but what's going on?! She won't stop and I'm terrified! I don't want to loose her. Help somebody pleaseeee!!!!

IF YOU ARE SUICIDAL, PLEASE KNOW THAT IT GETS BETTER:
CLICK TO WATCH MY VIDEO
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Points: 20,432, Level: 20 Points: 20,432, Level: 20 Points: 20,432, Level: 20

Re: Bad Bulimia,suspicious of anorexia, and suicide threats. - August 20th 2009, 02:47 PM

Hey there Rachael,

I can hear how nervous and scared you are. What a terrifying thing for you to be enduring and witnessing. People with eating disorders often think that they are in control with their food and weight, but in reality, the eating disorder is in control. They put the eating disorder first, before everything else. They can't see a life without it, and they feel as though they need it to survive. It can be really tough on loved ones, like you are experiencing, to have to witness it.

Have you talked with your girlfriend? Not just told her that you're worried, but truly sat down with her and had a real conversation about how this is impacting your relationship and how it's impacting you and your life? For a lot of people, the true wake-up call comes when loved ones are honest about how they are being impacted.
I'd encourage you to be as honest as possible with her, even if it's hard for her to hear.

Remember to take care of yourself, too! Reach out to TH, to other people you like and trust, to anyone. You need to take good care of yourself as well. Let me know if you ever want to talk, okay?

<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Raylolo Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Points: 13,485, Level: 16 Points: 13,485, Level: 16 Points: 13,485, Level: 16

Re: Bad Bulimia,suspicious of anorexia, and suicide threats. - August 20th 2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Hey there Rachael,

People with eating disorders often think that they are in control with their food and weight, but in reality, the eating disorder is in control.

She keeps saying she has to fight it by herself, so it does sound like she thinks she is in control.

Quote:
Have you talked with your girlfriend? Not just told her that you're worried, but truly sat down with her and had a real conversation about how this is impacting your relationship and how it's impacting you and your life? For a lot of people, the true wake-up call comes when loved ones are honest about how they are being impacted.
I'd encourage you to be as honest as possible with her, even if it's hard for her to hear.

I haven't done that that and unfortunately right now we can't physically see each other. But over aim and on the phone I have told her I was really worried. I was so helpless for so long, but it's really gotten too bad now and I don't want to sit back and do nothing. I told her that I was going to call someone if she didn't, but she kept saying "please don't" and one time she responded "if you do that I'll kill myself right now." I don't know whattt to do.

Quote:
Remember to take care of yourself, too! Reach out to TH, to other people you like and trust, to anyone. You need to take good care of yourself as well. Let me know if you ever want to talk, okay?

<3
Thank you. I'm glad their are really good people here. This really is a great fourm.

IF YOU ARE SUICIDAL, PLEASE KNOW THAT IT GETS BETTER:
CLICK TO WATCH MY VIDEO
Closed Thread