TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LittleGhost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becci

Points: 7,980, Level: 13 Points: 7,980, Level: 13 Points: 7,980, Level: 13

Do i have an eating disorder? - June 15th 2011, 08:27 AM

Hey,

Um okay i havent been diagnosed with any real type of eating disorder.

But okay let me start... My mum, sister, grandparents, and both of my uncles have always been touchy and always talking about their weight and trying to lose it. One of my uncles was over overweight, and my family talked about it alot. I was always was a skinny kid. and then i hit last year 6 early year 7, i started to get depressed and i got chubby.

My family pointed this out .... alot. this didnt help my case.

I didnt eat at all for 2-3 days . After that i had just eating small amounts and ever little for a few months. They were diet foods, but were full just of fat, so i still had a bit of weight on me, so no one would notice. I started to get ill so i thought okay i will eat again. it didnt go so well. I couldn't eat fast food, or large amounts of food without feeling like i was going to be ill.

Now, i still hate the fact of eating heaps of food. if i can i will not eat in front of people. i eat most at night and alone. I dont want to put weight on, im scarred i will end up like my family. i was to stay looking nice. im scarred to put weight on, that it will go out of control and that i will get fat.

Please, if you have any ideas on what can help me, even if you want to ask about it and then have an idea, please do so. im not afraid to tell people, i just want to get better... but i dont know how.

Last edited by LittleGhost; June 15th 2011 at 09:26 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - June 15th 2011, 08:48 AM

First of all, next time, make sure you don't post weight numbers on the forums next time, it can be triggering for some users and it is against forum rules.
Second, we can't diagnose you with a disease. However, these are dangerous eating habits. Have you talked to your doctor about it? If you are seriously overweight, a doctor can help you come up with a nutrition guide and help you lose unnecessary weight. They can also let you know if you are healthy or not, so I would recommend seeing your doctor if you have concerns.

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
LittleGhost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - June 15th 2011, 09:45 AM

Sorry, im just new, didn't think really sorry about that, i had changed it.
Not yet but i will when i go back which should be soon.

Sorry again
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - June 15th 2011, 06:10 PM

Becci, don't worry about the weight numbers. It happens a lot in this forum. All that would happen is I would edit them out because I mod this forum. But you're not in any trouble, dear, so you can relax.

But anyways, back to your post. It's no wonder that you're having these feelings. I mean, if all your family is on about their weight and such, then it's ingrained in your memory. I can understand the feeling of being scared to gain weight. I'm going through the same thing you are, kind of.

There are other ways to maintain your weight, other than starving yourself. Which, is very unhealthy for you and cause some health problems. What you can do is do it the healthy way. And what I mean by that is eat healthy and exercise five times a week for about 45 minutes a day. But you have to eat with it. Just get some little work out DVD's or go to the gym with your friends. I'm going to give you a link to a healthy eating guide, which can be found right here

Lastly, if you're not opposed to talking to someone, I highly suggest you do so. It sounds like you really want the help, and I think that's great. Can you talk to your parents about this? If you can talk to your parents about this, then they can hook you up with a therapist and maybe a nutritionist. What they do is create a healthy diet plan for you and account for your weight, height, muscle mass, BMI, etc. The only thing you have to do is stick to the plan. Make sure you mention your fear of gaining weight. They are all realllllly understanding about that, can help you to feel better. <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LittleGhost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - June 15th 2011, 11:18 PM

Thanks, I felt like an idiot. New and already made a fool of myself .

I'm starting to try to explain it to my mum, just need to find her at a good time when she isn't busy, tired, or around dad. Dad thinks im just being stupid about my eating because my brother can eat three times what i can.... altho he is a bottomless pit. If he hears about me talking about it he just goes "your mother has weight problems as well, so why are you being so stupid."
I'll try with mum if we can get me help with it. I have heart problems as it is, and i really would like to get a eating plan set. It's hard at times, my brother can't have anything dairy being lactose intolerant and mum is a ceolaic. So we have alot of different food products in our house :P

Thanks for your help i'll try talking it over with mum and see if there is any place close we can get to.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
rosaleah Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rose

Points: 8,383, Level: 13 Points: 8,383, Level: 13 Points: 8,383, Level: 13

Re: Do i have an eating disorder? - June 16th 2011, 03:32 AM

I had the same problem with not eating in front of people and feeling sick eating food, but I found what helped me was eating more meals but smaller ones. The average person should get around [Edited] calories each day to maintain a weight. If your not getting that try to AT LEAST get [Edited] calories daily. Then work your way up till your a normal eater again.-

Remember try eating lots of different times in a day in small amounts. Like instead of 2-3 big meals try having 4-6 but have only like an apple one time a sandwich at another just don't eat too much all at once.... Especially when your body isn't used to it. It will probably make you feel sick.

We are who we are, and we are all perfectly imperfect! Dont let anybody make you think otherwise.

Last edited by Just Peachy.; June 16th 2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Please don't post calorie numbers, as they aren't allowed
Closed Thread