TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Myla Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Myla

Points: 8,435, Level: 13 Points: 8,435, Level: 13 Points: 8,435, Level: 13

Question Disorder diabetes or neither? Advice? - November 13th 2011, 04:21 PM

I don't really know where to post this so feel free to move it if it fits better somewhere else.. I eat healthy and exercise regularly. But I constantly feel like I'm going to pass out. So I'll try to eat something like grapes or a few pretzels. Something healthy. And it doesn't help. And the feeling goes away if I just flat out don't eat. I'm told I don't eat enough but when I eat it makes it worse. I have a friend who thinks its diabetes but I don't think it sounds like it at all. And besides I don't have health insurance so I can't get tested.. Any advice or whatever would be wonderful. I've been like this for 4 years so it's not a new thing. But I have people who are concerned to the extent it's at and they say I have an eating disorder.. Idk. I'm so confused and I just want the feeling to go away

A broken heart just proves you did care and you didn't lie. A broken heart just proves your human. A broken heart just proves your still alive even though you feel dead inside </3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Disorder diabetes or neither? Advice? - November 18th 2011, 04:07 PM

Hey Myla,

Unfortunately, we cannot diagnose you with either of these disorders. However, if you have diabetes, this is a very serious condition, and whether or not you believe you can afford it, I believe your doctors will find a way to get you help, for whatever it may be. How long have these symptoms been going on? And you are not trying to starve yourself, it you just always feel shaky and hungry?

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: Disorder diabetes or neither? Advice? - November 18th 2011, 04:35 PM

u cant be dxed with diabetes without a test. this is not like psychological disorders in which the diagnoses is just a few surveys, this actually involves a legit test.

maybe u are exercising too much after eating.you know, there is a reason they tell you not to exercise after eating.

that being said. its not a psychological eating disorder unless its psychological. you dont have anorexia nervosa.

it could be a classification of anorexia. but not the type that most people think of. it could just be a symptom of something else.

that being said, its very bad to not eat. passing out isnt the end of the world, but not eating will be. a few grapes and pretzels aint gonna cut it in the long term. thats nearly starving yourself. you need to eat meals. im talking about real meals and real food. people get tired after they eat alot, thats normal. if you do start passing out, thats probably a symptom of something else (low blood pressure(why most people pass out) , etc) . and not eating will not only simply mask that problem, it will create another problem. if you keep eating only this, you will start to pass out.
Closed Thread