TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Embarrassing Problem ? - June 14th 2021, 10:14 PM

Hi, not really sure where best to post this as couldn't find anywhere that this would like really fit however I decided to put it in the general health forum as its around Body Odour etc but not so much as about me being smelly etc.

Basically I've noticed over the past week my bedroom and just my bedroom smells of well body odour so much so that when my friends and mum has been over to see me etc they've like also noticed the smell, we've ruled out me being the cause as I shower like 2 times a day in the summer, its not my laundry as I keep up with that and spray it with disinfectant and fabric freshener if its in my laundry basket between washes, I also spray the fabric lining to my laundry basket with fabric softener and disinfectant too so its not that, I wash my bedding every other week Or if it needs washing between I wash it. I'm not like unclean and its not me myself who smells, however there is a body odour smell primarily in my bedroom and no where else.

It's making me really self conscious to the point where I'm like putting on deodorant at night before I like go to sleep, just to ensure its not me even though I know its not, its really embarrassing. I don't know what to do, its not gone off food, or smelly slippers or shoes as I spray those with a special shoe freshener etc, can anyone help me please?

I've resorted to currently spraying my mattress with fabric freshener.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Embarrassing Problem ? - June 15th 2021, 09:15 AM

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand why you might be embarrassing, but be rest assured that we all encounter things like this at some or the other time.

Since you're a really clean person, it doesn't seem to be you that's causing this issue. One thing that comes to mind - I used to read 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' when I was young - is that there might be a dead animal or bird stuck somewhere in the walls. You'll be surprised at how animals find their way into random places in homes and unfortunately, poor them, don't find an outlet for leaving.

Have you tried keeping your windows open to let fresh air inside? Ventilation can drive out bad smells and ample sunlight acts as a disinfectant.

If the smell doesn't go, it might be best to hire professional cleaners and try to get them to fix the issue.

Hope it gets resolved!!

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: Embarrassing Problem ? - June 15th 2021, 09:56 PM

Thanks, ive only lived in my home for 5 months and it was decorated etc before I like moved in etc, my friend suggested it might be my bed sheets given the hot weather which even though I change them frequently it might be that, as where its hot I do sweat more and probably sweat at night but I dont know so I'm going to change them tomorrow and see if that makes a difference, I have the windows open for a good few hours each day like 5-6 hours, so I am pretty sure its not a ventilation issue, I've put a reed diffuser in my room to see if that helps, I live in a flat so I am pretty sure its not a dead animal if it continues I will have to probably seek help from the local council as Its a council flat etc..but the building is very well maintained. I shower each night before getting into bed.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
Closed Thread