TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59

The ENT keeps rescheduling on me - July 20th 2021, 12:53 AM

My ENT rescheduled on me again. She rescheduled once on the day of my appointment because she got called out of the office. Then my appointment time randomly got changed to fifteen minutes later without me being informed. And then, today, my appointment was again canceled day-of.
I get so anxious with these appointments that I have to drug myself up with Ativan first and mentally prepare so it is getting frustrating. I started panicking on the phone to the receptionist and told her I was getting frustrated and might as well just cancel entirely, since my ENT has no openings until August now.
In the end, I agreed to see a different ENT next week as long as she's understanding of the fact that I will be anxious. I had the receptionist write *very anxious* on the appointment notes.

My sister doesn't understand how anxious I get with my ears and was like "Seriously? Come on. You're ridiculous." Just goes to show she's never had medical trauma and also doesn't have anxiety problems in general. (:

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: The ENT keeps rescheduling on me - July 20th 2021, 02:31 AM

If this keeps happening, I'd start looking for another one, or see if it's the receptionists. I almost fired my therapist because of the same thing, and it turns out the reception was the issue. She kept cancelling or cutting me short with no notice because they never communicated it to me, someone else showed up at my time because they wrote down the wrong day (scheduled me, but gave her the wrong date), She only saw me because her next slot was available, otherwise I would've been cancelled on (somewhat willingly as the other client was in crisis, but still not okay) she cancelled for a medical procedure and asked them to call me and they didn't, so I checked in early, only to wait until 20 minutes past my appointment for them to tell me she WASN'T in the BUILDING. That's when I lost it, and she laid into them. I haven't had a problem since.

If the doctor is the problem, you can find another one, if the reception is the issue, then I'd rule out any doctor in that practice or you'll have the same problem. Professionals work for us, you don't have to put up with this.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: The ENT keeps rescheduling on me - July 20th 2021, 12:11 PM

Hi Dez,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and that this keeps happening to you and I hope that you will be okay soon. When we have a time that is set, it does not matter what it is for, it can be upsetting when it has to be changed one time or many. I agree with if this keeps happening, see if you can try looking for someone else that can help you and will not do this to you. Some people do not care or think about our time that we have, they think it is totally fine to change the day and time on us just like that. They don't think about how we have school or work or something else going on and we took the time off to go to this. I hope that you will be able to find the right day, time and if you have to find a new person then they will respect you and your time when you go. I wish you the best with this and try finding something to help you get your mind off of this for a while if you can. Going for a walk around your house or reading a book or writing or calling a friend or family member or putting on a funny movie or TV show or something else that can help you. Sending you and hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59

Re: The ENT keeps rescheduling on me - July 21st 2021, 12:53 AM

Quote:
If the doctor is the problem, you can find another one, if the reception is the issue, then I'd rule out any doctor in that practice or you'll have the same problem. Professionals work for us, you don't have to put up with this.
Reception made it seem like she's the issue. They simply said that she was called out the first time. Then I was randomly rescheduled for fifteen minutes later, then she was called for surgery. I liked her when I met her because she seemed to understand my anxiety and was also thorough. I went in for my ears and she even set me up with a sleep study for apnea after looking at my throat/jaw/other issues. But I also can't keep getting rescheduled on.

If it it's with the doctor and not the entire practice I'll try seeing one of the other doctors like I am this time. Referrals are frustrating. I tried one where they only take Medicaid patients under 12, and I didn't like the one I saw the first time to the point where I'd rather keep rescheduling with this one if I eventually get in. I don't drive myself yet, so I can't travel too far. I think I'm running out of options, LOL.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: The ENT keeps rescheduling on me - July 21st 2021, 05:44 AM

Hi Dez!

That must be so frustrating for you! I definitely would be if I was in your shoes especially now that you have to wait until next month to see her. Fingers crossed you'll be able to see the ENT next week.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: The ENT keeps rescheduling on me - July 22nd 2021, 11:49 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you've been struggling with setting up an appointment to see your ENT.

Hopefully you get to see them sooner rather than later. Please keep us updated, good luck!
Closed Thread