TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Do I really need to see a doctor? - December 18th 2010, 05:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, so I cut on my arm a week ago yesterday (Friday). It's not deep deep, but its a bit deep. The skin is open, like the skin is always apart, it hasn't scabbed at all. It's not healing and it keeps bleeding at times. It's really sore as well. But I don't think its infected. I spoke to my teacher and she made me promise to either go to a&e or the doctors on Monday if it was still the same. Right now, it's pretty much still the same.

Do I just leave it and hope for the best? I really don't want to go to the doctors.

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20

Re: Do I really need to see a doctor? - December 18th 2010, 05:48 PM

Hey. Definitely sounds to me like something you need to see your doctor about. Whether or not it IS infected, there's plenty of opportunity for it to BECOME infected. If it's deep, you may need a tetnus booster, and they may need to stitch the skin together if it's not healing properly. Now, I know of course, that none of it sounds fun. But you need to get this taken care of before it has the chance to get any worse. Do any of your friends know that you cut? Maybe you could bring one of them along for support.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Points: 14,343, Level: 17 Points: 14,343, Level: 17 Points: 14,343, Level: 17

Re: Do I really need to see a doctor? - December 19th 2010, 04:56 PM

I agree with Jazz Guy I had cut myself(accidentally) on a shard of glass and my wound wouldn't heal I ended up having to get three stitches I strongly suggest going to your doctor, an infection could turn into a very serious and life threatening infection. If any of your friends know bring someone along for support. Good luck dear

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Closed Thread