TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: My period is late.... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t88102-my-period-late/)

IntheDarkIseeLIGHTS November 7th 2011 02:15 AM

My period is late....

My period is late and I don't know why! I'm scared though, I'm still a virgin and I've never missed a period, what is happening?!?!?! is there something wrong with me

Stargazed. November 7th 2011 02:37 AM

Re: My period is late....

Stress, changes of diet/exercise patterns, and pregnancy are all reasons why your period could be late. But since you said you're a virgin, it could be the other things I mentioned. Also, you're still pretty young (if your age is correct) and periods are bound to be irregular for a while.

Sincerely Yours ♥ November 7th 2011 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by believe.in.hope (Post 752939)
Stress, changes of diet/exercise patterns, and pregnancy are all reasons why your period could be late. But since you said you're a virgin, it could be the other things I mentioned. Also, you're still pretty young (if your age is correct) and periods are bound to be irregular for a while.

Brittany pretty much summed it up. I would just like to add that stressing about it will just delay it even more, so relax! :)

nouse November 8th 2011 04:44 AM

Don't worry about it, like Brittany said. Especially at a young age they tend to be irregular! Sometimes you may even skip months.

ARTPOP November 10th 2011 10:52 AM

Chill :) Periods are funny things, mine never comes at a reglar time. It was the 22nd of the month then I skipped one and got it on the 8th xD TMI? Just proving a point :D

Even if you've always been reglar they like to mess with tour had XD It's been summed up already :)

fullofsecrets November 10th 2011 01:07 PM

There is nothing to be worried about. Your period can be late if you're sick or if you're stressed out about something. Try not to worry about it too much, as stressing about it can make it come later. If you are still worried about it, you can always see a gynecologist to check things out and make sure you're definitely okay.

Eternal November 10th 2011 02:58 PM

They can definitely be late. I once didn't have mine for a couple months but then it came back. Sometimes this happens, but its nothing to be worried about.

little.seeker November 10th 2011 09:14 PM

Certain meds I was on stopped my period completely. But yeah it's totally normal for girls to have late periods or entirely skip them. It's not a perfect science and there is nothing to worry about if your still a virgin. If your really scared, talk to your doctor or your gynecologist if you have one.