TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Brittany123 Offline
Average Joe

Name: me

Points: 12,306, Level: 16 Points: 12,306, Level: 16 Points: 12,306, Level: 16

its like an addiction - May 8th 2009, 05:38 PM

For a while i stopped cutting... and i was doing really good.. i had my friends support behind me and i was doing great.. but ive had alot of things happening lately and i thought i would do it just once more.. Just once... On the top of my hand...

And when i saw the blood trickle down the side of my hand.. I dont know.. its like i got an adreniline rush.. and i felt really good.. better than i have in a long while..

Now i wanna do it again.. and I know when i get home im going to...

It scares me knowing what i am doing to myself and when im done doing it and when im cleaning up the blood and i look at the tissue or the napkin or whatever.. and it terrifies me...

I sit there and think.. what would my family think of me.. my poor grandfather sitting in the hospital.. my grandmother dieing of a broken heart.. my sick mother.. my 4 year old little baby brother..

And my friends... ...and it just make me wanna do it again to get that awesome adreniline feeling...

I dont know what to do any more... it feels so good... but it hurts so bad..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Maggie

Points: 13,857, Level: 17 Points: 13,857, Level: 17 Points: 13,857, Level: 17

Re: its like an addiction - May 8th 2009, 05:41 PM

babe get a hair tie please or rubber band i know its hard to stop cutting i know i went threw it but i dont want to lose you so please find something else please ily

i love you <3
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Points: 37,322, Level: 27 Points: 37,322, Level: 27 Points: 37,322, Level: 27

Re: its like an addiction - May 8th 2009, 06:06 PM

For a while i stopped cutting... and i was doing really good.. i had my friends support behind me and i was doing great.. but ive had alot of things happening lately and i thought i would do it just once more.. Just once... On the top of my hand...

You must be proud of yourself for not cutting. Its great that your friends supported you & were beind you. You are very lucky, because not many people have that. What happened to you, is a relapse...you cut yourself once....you have had a lot happen, but that doesnt mean you should relapse further. Why dont you try & write all the negative things that have happened to you down on a sheet of paper & subsitute them with a positive. For example.

1) Negative - I cut myself
Positive - I only did it once.

And when i saw the blood trickle down the side of my hand.. I dont know.. its like i got an adreniline rush.. and i felt really good.. better than i have in a long while..

Because you havnt self harmed in a while, it would feel good, but remember how good it felt when things where going good. There are other ways to get adrenalin rushes, like snapping a band round your wrist, & covering your wrists in red ink.

Now i wanna do it again.. and I know when i get home im going to...

You want to do it again? Why? Because you want to, or have to....you know you dont know the future, you say you will cut when you get home...but you dont know that. Its your decision...do you REALLY want to cut, do you really want to go back to stage one & start over. Or do you want to stop now before things get out of hand again

It scares me knowing what i am doing to myself and when im done doing it and when im cleaning up the blood and i look at the tissue or the napkin or whatever.. and it terrifies me...

Scaring you shpould be enough to let you know that your making the wrong decision....everybody relapses, but they recover. You sound like you want to recover, because, altough its not wrong, its not a good coping mechanism.
Have you got a counsellor or a teacher whom you could talk to, just explain why you went back to cutting.

I sit there and think.. what would my family think of me.. my poor grandfather sitting in the hospital.. my grandmother dieing of a broken heart.. my sick mother.. my 4 year old little baby brother..

Im sorry about the illness's of your grandfather. and grandmother and mother. When you next go to cut, just think of those you love & put the object away. It's harder than it sounds...but it will really be good for the situation you are in regarding family.
The best thing you can do is ask them for support & in return you give love & support, which means not hurting yourself. Try stop cutting...if not for you, but for your family.

And my friends... ...and it just make me wanna do it again to get that awesome adreniline feeling...

Your friends will be there though thick & thin...and if they are not, then you should get some friends who will be there thick and thin.

I dont know what to do any more... it feels so good... but it hurts so bad..

Would you rather go through the pain of losing your family and friends, or the pain of cutting. I know I would prefer to give up and lose the cutting, than give up my family and friends.

I know you are struggling, which is why you posted, but Im here to tell you that things wil get better.

I have complete faith in you and you are one special person.

If you want to talk you can PM me

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Points: 13,188, Level: 16 Points: 13,188, Level: 16 Points: 13,188, Level: 16

Re: its like an addiction - May 9th 2009, 02:34 AM

Hey Hun,

Good job for going without it for a while. Having a support system like your friends can be beneficial when trying to quit. Quiting self harm no matter how bad is a rough road but don't give up now. Everyone slips up sometimes it's ok to slip up. You just need to pick yourself back up and try again. I know it can be hard there's no doubt about that but its totally worth it.

As far as being scared about doing it again it shows me, that although you may not be able to see it right now, you don't want to cut again. This is a minor roadblock on the way to the finish line and you can overcome it just like you overcame other urges before this.

Good luck hun
Take care of yourself, alright? <3

If you need anything at all don't hesistate to message me.
Closed Thread