TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 10,297, Level: 14 Points: 10,297, Level: 14 Points: 10,297, Level: 14

fighting the addiction to be bad - August 13th 2011, 01:40 AM

greetings everyone. im not sure where to begin so i guess ill start at the begining. Im a drug addict in recovery. I have 9 months clean now and ive done well at keeping out of the drug scene but ive began to notice that even without the drugs im still a bad person, or rather i still want to do bad things. i miss the rush i got breaking laws boosting cars tagging buildings as sick as it sounds it was a lot of fun, not to mention the cash flow was nice. i saw a $50,000 cadilac the other day and all i could think about was how i could sell that to a shop and in 30 minutes have more than i make at my legit job in a month. i miss my old life of taking what i want when i want. i know its wrong to live like that i know my life now is the way people are suppose to live but all the same i miss my life of crime, and everyday its harder to talk myself out of going back. and sooner or later im gunna find myself behind the wheel of a car thats not mine. i dnt know what kind of help i need but any advice would be helpfull at this point i just dont know what to do

“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ashley

Points: 12,400, Level: 16 Points: 12,400, Level: 16 Points: 12,400, Level: 16

Re: fighting the addiction to be bad - August 13th 2011, 04:18 AM

Have you tried watching a movie that is intense? Or going on amusement park rides? Something that gives a rush of adrenaline? Or better yet, you could go to a psychologist and try to figure out why you crave this rush so much.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SpaceSailor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,532, Level: 14 Points: 9,532, Level: 14 Points: 9,532, Level: 14

Re: fighting the addiction to be bad - August 15th 2011, 02:01 PM

Hey. I had a bit of a similar situation a few years ago. Fell into illegal prostitution.

Try getting a job. A real one. People work hard for their money. And so should you.

Next time you get the urge... remind yourself that you are fully responsible for the decisions you make... and if you start making the right decisions then maybe you won't feel so much guilt.

Just remember you didn't steal that cadilac. You chose not to. You had self control. So far so good.

PM if you wanna chat.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20

Re: fighting the addiction to be bad - August 15th 2011, 09:02 PM

Hi there,

It seems as though you need to regain control of things in your life to be the person you once were. Do things you enjoy doing or try new hobbies. Find a job or a course that you would like to gain more experience in. Another thing is to talk to somebody. When you have the urge to do something bad, speak to someone about it (such as a psychologist or counsellor). Work out why you feel like doing something bad and hopefully they'd be able to help you work a way forward to get you back to how your old life used to be.

Believe in yourself. Continue to fight the urges and eventually you'll break the cycle.
I hope this has helped.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
here_to_listen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,641, Level: 12 Points: 7,641, Level: 12 Points: 7,641, Level: 12

Re: fighting the addiction to be bad - August 16th 2011, 02:18 AM

Hi There;

Ashley, Sailor and Lexiloo are right... try some new things you have already started as you may have not notice...
"Im a drug addict in recovery. I have 9 months clean now and ive done well at keeping out of the drug scene"
get a real job... find your good friends before..visit your family, brother/sisters talk to them and show them your starting a new life.
Most of all.. ask help and guidance to GOD there are things that people cannot do to you that only God can do.

God Bless and continue the good work you have started.
Closed Thread