TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: bayleigh

Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14

my parents are splitting up - October 4th 2014, 08:33 PM

My parents are separating. I feel like I should be happy, but I just made friends who live in my neighborhood, and my mom made it sound like it would be a year or more before she could do this. We had that conversation a month ago. Now we are going to move after my birthday and my dad is going to keep the house. I'll have to split time between houses.

Funny, something ruins my birthday every year.

Creativity takes courage
-Henri Matisse

PM/VM me if you just need to talk. trust me, i don't mind
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: my parents are splitting up - October 5th 2014, 09:37 AM

Hey Bayleigh,

I'm very sorry indeed to hear that you're having to go through this (particularly around your birthday) - my parents have been divorced for some time now, and I know it can be difficult but I can tell you that it probably won't be quite as bad in the end as it seems to be right now.

Another thing I'd say, which I think you probably already know, is that what's happening is probably going to be for the best in the long run because if your parents really can't make a relationship work whilst living together, that's not a good environment for you to be in. With the move comes new opportunities, whilst you should be able to keep your old friends and connections if you're going to be splitting time between the houses (something I can't personally do, so you're lucky in that respect).

I know it's far from the best situation in the world, and it's a shame that you're having to make changes far more quickly than you expected, however I would urge you to try to look at the positives as well, because it will make the process far easier for you.

Best wishes.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
Closed Thread