TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Diingoo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,803, Level: 10 Points: 4,803, Level: 10 Points: 4,803, Level: 10

Sex in parents bed. Please help - July 27th 2015, 11:44 AM

I had sex in my parents bed... (i know stupid) but now dad found a condom on the floor, I don't know what i should do. Not to mention I'm dying of embarrassment.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Sex in parents bed. Please help - July 27th 2015, 03:49 PM

I'd say the best thing would be to just own up to it - to be honest they probably have some inkling already, unless you have a lot of siblings! Maybe just pull your dad aside and tell him discreetly that it was yourself that did something silly & apologise. I'm not sure if you're male or female - if you're a guy you'll probably have a better chance of getting away with it this time!
And remember for next time you want to cover the trail.....condom is the first thing that needs to be gotten rid of :P

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Sex in parents bed. Please help - July 27th 2015, 04:20 PM

Well, what's done is done. Has your dad said anything about it? If not, maybe he won't. It might be to awkward of a conversation for him to be like "yo, child of mine, why are you having sex in my bed?" He might just take the approach that A) it's too awkward to discuss and B) at least your using protection and C) wash the damn sheets and shut it from his mind.

If he does bring it up, I would just apologize for having had sex in his room, promise not to do it again, and just grit your teeth through the conversation.

Obviously, what happened is embarrassing, I would definitely feel the same, but honestly, you dad is probably just as uncomfortable (for different reasons though). I would just get through is and hope for the best, it'll pass in time.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: Sex in parents bed. Please help - July 27th 2015, 06:52 PM

If he brings it up, be honest about it. A lot of parents would just be happy you're using protection. Obviously it's an awkward, embarrassing thing to discuss, but if you're old enough to have sex, you're old enough to talk about it maturely.

He may not mention it at all. It genuinely depends on him and his personality. I know that with my parents, my dad wouldn't say a word but my mum would definitely bring it up.

I'd also recommend you not having sex in your parents bed again. It's a courtesy thing more than anything, would you want them having sex in yours?

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Sex in parents bed. Please help - July 27th 2015, 08:56 PM

I don't say this much, as I do not like to shame sexual activity, but having sex in your parents' bed is pretty disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, a larger bed is much better for intercourse than a twin bed, but they must have not been home, so I don't know why you'd move the activity to their room. Then, was this a used condom or a condom in a wrapper? Either way, I must say that you need to develop some skills in discretion. While I never had sex in my parents' bed (and never would), I definitely did things in their house they wouldn't have approved of, but I didn't get caught and now, as an adult, we can talk about it retrospectively in a respectful manner. Sexuality wise, it's not that hard to hide condoms in a sock drawer, wash your sheets (because you keep the activities to your own room), and not be stuck having awkward conversations with your parents after the fact.

At this point, everybody is right. You'll need to admit it if he addresses it with you. But come on, you must have known that wasn't a good idea.

something burning?
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread