TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Am I going to fail my probation and get the sack at work? - October 2nd 2015, 07:35 PM

I know no one knows the answer but I would like your thoughts on the question thanks

I started working at a shop it's retail work it took me ages to get this job I have to travel far everyday. I have some problems at work and the assistant manager seems to be getting annoyed at me these problems are.
1 I keep saying the assistant managers name wrong her name is Roma but I call her rona because of my disability I sometimes say things wrong or can't register it she seems to think I do it on purpose and gets really annoyed now I tell her I can't help it but she doesn't seem to understand.

I'm a little bit slow I keep needing help sometimes and still have to ask lots of questions the assistant manager said to me today she said "you have been her a while now you should know what we sell" I honestly don't I have worked there for about a month now some girl asked do we sell sticky notes so I said no sorry and the assistant manager said what I just mentioned above about me being here a while and not knowing the stock.

Today I kept forgetting to give change to the customers and she got a little annoyed ( I have a lot on my mind) This has only happened today it's not a thing which happens everyday.
One of the girls who work with me reported me to the 2 managers the assistant and the main manager that I swore in front of a customer which I never but they have no evidence about that but it still does not look good does it.
Theres most likely more things that I have forgotten to mention because I honestly can't remember everything I have done wrong but they kept ringing me up and asking me to do extra hours because 2 of the girls just left and we are short staff but I don't know if they are asking me out of desperation or not. I have bills to pay I can't afford to get sacked if I get sacked then how the hell am I opted to make money? I can't claim job seekers allowance because I want to do my maths one day a week because I need my GCSEs you can't claim if you are in education and you can't just leave college and start claiming because theres a cool down period how would I support myself it took me 8 months to get this job I would probably cry if I got sacked I just want to have a job which I can do well in it's so hard I'm not sure if they will get rid of me or not I'm really worrying we have 3 months probation we have just had our first month.

she also got annoyed because I asked to help me understand my timetable and moaned and said oh Justin it's not hard then apologised as I left ( the assistant manager)

Last edited by bringmethehorizon♥; October 2nd 2015 at 08:14 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Points: 18,628, Level: 19 Points: 18,628, Level: 19 Points: 18,628, Level: 19

Re: Am I going to fail my probation and get the sack at work? - October 3rd 2015, 11:26 AM

Hiya Justin,

That sounds really hard on you and it's sad that the staff there don't understand the difficulties that you face due to your learning disability. Have you tried talking to all of the staff members about this so that they are all aware of it?

You could try making a flowchart or checklist for when dealing with customers to try and prevent you from forgetting anything such as giving them change, but if you only did it one day then it may just the case of getting into a routine. I'm always here if you need to talk, just PM or VM me.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me
Closed Thread