TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nonoka Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nonoka

Points: 4,302, Level: 9 Points: 4,302, Level: 9 Points: 4,302, Level: 9

Moving back home with my parents. - July 30th 2017, 06:30 PM

On my most recent visit to my parents house I told them that I am planning to continue working full time instead of finishing high school. My Dad got angry and we ended up having a huge argument. In the end he told me that if my decision to not finish my last year of highschool is for financial reasons then I should move back home with them with my daughter so that I can finish my last year. I haven't lived at home for nearly a year and a half and only recently started visiting home and trying to have a good relationship with my Dad again. I have wanted to move back home all this time, I never wanted to leave in the first place but my Dad kicked me out. Now I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I'm worried it might not work out again if he kicked me out once he could do it again. But I agreed to it since I do want to finish highschool if I can. So I guess I'm moving home with my daughter... Definitely not looking forward to how awkward it's going to be. I hope I don't regret this decision.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Moving back home with my parents. - July 30th 2017, 08:50 PM

Do you have a back up plan in case your dad kicks you out? If you don't you might want to figure something out.

That being said, it is best if you finish high school, at the very least. Most places are hesitant to higher someone that doesn't have a high school diploma etc. So, I think that giving this a try couldn't hurt. I know it will probably be awkward but once you finish school you can consider moving out etc.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nonoka Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nonoka

Points: 4,302, Level: 9 Points: 4,302, Level: 9 Points: 4,302, Level: 9

Re: Moving back home with my parents. - August 9th 2017, 06:45 PM

We've moved and settled in. Its nice that my daughter now has her own bedroom and I am glad to be finishing high school after all. My Dad has been talking to me a lot more since I moved back he almost seems back to normal but he drives me crazy that he always has something to say about how I should parent
My daughter especially when up until recently he had nothing to do with us and left us on our own. Also a lot of his parenting advice is outdated but he thinks he knows better then me about everything. Could be worse though. And yes if things don't work out again I could go back to my Grandma's if I have to but now that I'm here I hope it doesn't come to that again.
Closed Thread