|
My friend has abusive and negligent parents and siblings and I want to help, but I知 not sure how -
July 20th 2019, 12:16 AM
A friend of mine has terrible parents. Honestly, her whole family can eat a bag of- nevermind I知 trying to be as cool headed as I can. Her dad yells and smokes, her mom acts like an angel in public then does a 180 at her house, and both her older and younger siblings bully and manipulate her. They abuse her in all ways except physical, and she doesn稚 trust anyone in real life because she has convinced herself, with the help of her parents, that no one will believe her. I don稚 know everything, but I know they brush her depression and low self esteem under the rug and punish her for it because they say it痴 屠ust a phase�
I don稚 know her in real life yet, or even if she痴 in the same state as me, and I know that sounds terrible, but she trusts me more than she trusts her own parents and I want to protect her. She痴 too young to be emancipated, and I turn 18 next year, which already might be too long. I don稚 know if there痴 any family she could go to, or if she壇 fall into the same situation as before. I know that this sounds crazy, but I genuinely care about this kid and I want her to stay alive, and the longer she stays with those people the more her mental health and stability spiral. She痴 made threats of suicide before, and before you say she could just be an attention seeker, she literally has no one in her life that she trusts. That痴 how bad it is. Her parents won稚 let her see a therapist (because of the whole 鍍hinking it痴 a phase� thing) If the rest of her family is just as bad, is it possible for me to be her legal guardian, or is it simply impossible?
I know that this might be a bad Idea. Hell, I知 still practically a kid myself, but I don稚 know how much longer she can go in that household and I seem to be the only person in her life who is trying to help her. Criticism and all that are welcome, but I just want to get her out of there. I致e given her a list of CPS numbers and I pray to whatever痴 up there that she reports them. I値l just be happy to see her get the hell out of that abusive environment.
|