TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ericboy86 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1

Getting a Sister Changes You - January 14th 2023, 03:53 PM

I want to say thanks for all the welcoming on my last thread. It helped.

Most of my life, till I was 12 I grew up as the youngest in the family. My twin brother Jackson was born 5 minutes before me. We have two older brothers Josh who is now 19 and Kyle who is 21.

When my sister was born myself and Jackson were 12 years old, Josh was 15 years old and Kyle was 17 years old. I was nervous to be a big brother, but I was also happy I’d have a little sibling to mess with when they got older. I was messed being the youngest.

At the time we didn’t know if it would be a boy or girl. My mom wanted a girl, my Dad wanted a boy. Both didn’t care of course though. Kyle and Josh wanted a boy, Jackson didn’t care, but preferred a boy and I wanted a boy. We all thought for sure boy with mom’s track record. 🤣

My Sister Erin who is now 4 was born. We were all shocked it was a girl. My mom was really happy she had her girl and I remember my dad telling us

“Boys, you have a sister you have to protect”

So far we have protected her. 💯. She’s literally the princess.

Having a sister has really changed my brothers and I be better people.

Kyle was the life of the party back in the Day, while he is still the life of the party he enjoys getting together with the family and while he moved out he invites us siblings over at least once a month.

Josh, he’s the popular kid. If a party is happening he knows it. He used to be the brother I butted heads with the most. Now he is the one who will offer to take myself and Jackson out shopping, teach us how to get out of doing something our parents want, he’s the first one to offer to babysit when parents go out and will just come home and tell Jackson, Erin, and I that we are going on a adventure or just ask us to hang out

Jackson, my twin my brother for life 🤣. We have a lot in common, but also are different. He’s the popular one, everyone in school knows him, he’s the star of the Basketball Team, he’s the life of the party literally. He’s the one that will go to sporting events with my dad and is up for having fun. Since my sister was born he’s now the one who will turn down going to a party just to watch Erin, he’s the first person she asks for when we get in the car after school. After a game he will come out of the locker room and come straight to find Erin and Myself first. He’s basically Erin’s favorite brother 💯 and mine too.

Me, I’ve always been the goofy little brother. The smart one in the family and small. I enjoy help Erin learn and teaching her things
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,863, Level: 47 Points: 109,863, Level: 47 Points: 109,863, Level: 47

Re: Getting a Sister Changes You - January 16th 2023, 11:05 AM

Hello

Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. It sounds like you have a wonderful family and everyone is close and you are all very protective of your little sister. When she gets older, she's going to look up to all of you for help and it is going to be lovely to see how you all help her grow in life. Everyone will be able to teach her different things and you will have so much fun with her. I think it's wonderful that you all have a little sister.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Getting a Sister Changes You - January 16th 2023, 02:23 PM

Hey there, thanks for sharing this! It sounds like everyone in your family gets along and that's really nice... it's an extremely rare thing.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/they

Points: 13,470, Level: 16 Points: 13,470, Level: 16 Points: 13,470, Level: 16

Re: Getting a Sister Changes You - January 17th 2023, 03:20 AM

Hello

Welcome to TeenHelp. Thank you for posting and for sharing this information with us!

It is always nice to hear that everyone in your family gets along. It is an extremely rare thing to have family get along, sadly.

I am happy for you and wish you nothing but the best! I am sure whenever she's older she will appreciate this and look up to you.
Closed Thread