TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
toomuch Offline
fear is a choice
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,372, Level: 14 Points: 9,372, Level: 14 Points: 9,372, Level: 14

Unhappy miss.lonely - April 1st 2011, 10:00 PM

soo, a while ago i started becoming more and more distant from all my friends whom i have been friends with since..likkee kindergarten, so yeah for a long time! but now they are all just acting so wierd around me. and i am now in night school because i skipped school for so long and because my grades are horrible...since i couldnt concentrate on ay school work. i just dont know what to do because they are all so into pot smoking, which i quit not too long ago. and i dont want to be around it any more. also i really dont want to be around one of my friends whos trying to get into cocaine...i know if im around that something bad will happen for other past reasons.
i know in my head i dont want to be around these people or have any contact with them since they are all such drama queens. but from some reason i still have a feeling that i need to still be friends with them and that i want to be back in thier "group"
i have plenty of guy friends..its jsut id like to have some more girl friends you know?
im not sure what exactly to do..i was just trying to get all my thoughts on this down...
i am gettin pretty lonely as well and i HATE that feelings since ive dealt with it pretty much all of my life.

lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
*~{Mathew 28:20}~*
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: miss.lonely - April 2nd 2011, 06:20 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you are dealing with this right now. Honestly, if you want to stay away from the drugs, then do it and don't look back. I wouldn't want to see you fall back into those habits, because they are so unhealthy for you. You need to go with your gut on this one. What is your gut telling you? It sounds like you ultimately don't want to hang out with that crowd. And the doubts you are having about that (Wanting to be back in their group) probably comes from lack of friends, so you're going to go to revert back to those friends because it's easier that way. You're in school, trying to get your life back together. I think you need to focus on that. Don't ever go backwards in life. Always move forward. With that, can you make new friends in night school? Just make small talk with people, trying to find common interests. No matter how long it takes to make friends, don't go back to the old ones. You're going to find yourself in the same struggles you were in once before.

Take care,
-Lyndsee

Closed Thread