TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xbubblepop Offline
less than three
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Miki

Points: 7,490, Level: 12 Points: 7,490, Level: 12 Points: 7,490, Level: 12

My Brother's Girlfriend . . . - April 5th 2012, 08:03 PM

So, my family life is kind of complicated . . .
Both of my parents died before I could even remember them, and my older brother took over caring for me since then.
Just recently, my brother, let's call him John, starting dating this girl, and to say I don't like her is an understatement. She acts all sweet and stuff around John, but around me, my other brother, and my sister, she's demonic. Kind of don't want to go into detail...
I really, really hate her. She hates me too, everyone is my house actually, but John is wrapped around her finger. Everytime I try to talk to him about why I don't like her, he just ignores me or brushes me off; simply, he does not care. And when she's around, he ignores me more.
I don't know whether I should make John listen to me and my siblings, or just let him flaunt around with his girlfriend more and get over it. I don't know whether I'm simply jealous or am really looking out for John? Should I try to talk to John more or his girlfriend or what? I'm SO CLUELESS ! Help me?

Miki !
as in the mouse. {3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend . . . - April 12th 2012, 06:35 PM

Hey Miki! I love your name! Welcome to TeenHelp!

It sounds like a really tough situation you're in since you're torn between your brother's happiness and the wellbeing of yourself and your other siblings. Is there any other family you might be able to speak to about this? If not, maybe you could speak to your brother's girlfriend while he's there. You could all sit down together and point out that you think you got off on the wrong foot but you're willing to start over and be friends?
It might take time, but if this girl really is bad, then eventually your brother will see for himself. If she does anything to physically harm you or your siblings then tell your brother, show him, and call the police. Your home needs to be a safe place for you and if she's threatening your safety then she needs to go.
PM me if you want to talk about anything anytime.

Take care,
Louise.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
Closed Thread