TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

She died suddenly - June 5th 2020, 01:15 AM

[SIZE="a"]The principal of the school I work at died in her sleep last night. This was a sudden shock to us all today.[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: She died suddenly - June 5th 2020, 12:02 PM

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your principal. Is there any grief support being done at the school for those who are dealing with this? If there is, I suggest reaching out to them if you are struggling; or reach out to your peers who may be feeling the same things as you.

You may also reach out to us on here through HelpLINK or utilize blog (if you're a member) if you need to let out your feelings.

Remember, we're here for you!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47

Re: She died suddenly - June 5th 2020, 12:07 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you will be okay soon. When we have lost someone we will feel so many things and that is totally fine to do.

Something to get out how we are feeling a good way is that we can write a letter and put everything in it that we are feeling. Then when we are done with this we can rip up the paper into a lot of pieces and throw it away. By doing this you are able to get everything that you are feeling inside of you and put it down on paper and get a lot of what you are holding onto out of you and then you can start to move forward when you are ready. When someone passes away, you can take as much time as you need to be okay. Some days are going to be harder than others and some days will be okay.

Would you be able to try to find something to do to get your mind off of this if you wanted to. Going for a walk around your house and having on earbuds or headphones on so that you are listening to music and focusing on the songs. Or reading a book for a while or drawing or painting or calling a friend or family member or someone else that you worked with and talk about this for a while. Or something else that you enjoy doing and try doing that for a while.

When someone passes away we may not want to talk to someone and be alone and that is totally fine. Some people push themselves away from everyone because it is hard to talk and they can't find the right word.
No matter what you are feeling is totally fine. If today you want to cry, then you do that. If later or the next day you want to go outside and yell or punch a pillow or not talk to someone or however you are feeling then that is totally fine to do. You always can feel however you need to feel and take as long as you need to. Some people will take long to be okay with this, it all depends on how you are with this. They do not have a rule saying that in so many days you have to be okay and you have to be back to your normal self. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: She died suddenly - June 18th 2020, 06:22 AM

Hello there,

I am so sorry to hear about your school principal. That definitely would have been a shock for you. Talking to someone such as a fellow peer, teacher or your school councillor might help and we, of course, are here for you as well. My inbox is always open for you if you need anything.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: She died suddenly - June 25th 2020, 07:30 AM

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear about the sudden passing on of your principal.

Dealing with someone's death, especially when it happens so suddenly, is very complicated indeed. Give yourself time to grieve, you'll see that you'll slowly start feeling better after some time. Praying for her departed soul will definitely help you cope with the feelings of loss too.

Ironic as it sounds, death is a part of life, and those who come into this world have to leave at some point. So it's a good reminder for us to cherish all those around us

I'm sure your principal will stay in your memories forever, so be sure to think fondly of those times. She left an impression on all your hearts

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about anything. Take care of yourself!
Closed Thread