TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I've been here a while

Name: taylor

Points: 32,370, Level: 25 Points: 32,370, Level: 25 Points: 32,370, Level: 25

rest in peace, UndeadKilljoy. - February 25th 2024, 11:50 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hey,

my name is tay, i was a very frequent teenhelp user back in 2013-16ish. i fell in love with the premise of the site, of meeting people who made me feel concrete and unafraid of my hardships, but more importantly and the point of this post, i met the love of my life on this website ten years ago today.

UndeadKilljoy, also known as thomas, was one of the many users i welcomed to the site as a volunteer in 2014. his username being a my chemical romance reference, we began chatting about music and culture and our teenage little lives, and spent seven years growing together despite a thousand miles distance. in 2020, moved in together and had a beautiful 3 year long partnership. it wasn’t always perfect but the love we shared was unreal.

thomas passed away september 14th of 2023 to the hand of his lifelong struggle drug addiction. he had been 10 months clean, had begun therapy for the first time ever, had decided to apply for trade school, and according to his mother was planning on proposing quite possibly today. ive never really lost someone like that before, and right on the brink of something amazing… i think that’s hurt the most. knowing we came so far from where we were behind our computer screens to those last few months and how beautiful our future seemed together is gruesomely unfair and heartbreaking. he was an incredible person, and i owe this website my life for introducing us. we met because we needed someone like eachother and like the rest of you, especially those of you who may still remember me. i just thought i would pop on today and say something. please keep his mother, his friends, the punk scenes of la and nashville, and i of course in your prayers. tell the people you live that you love them before it’s too late. reach out if you need help, especially for harm reduction resources. when i’m in better standings i plan to make a donation to TeenHelp in his honor, which was always our plan after marriage.

thank you so much for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
forums/f19-death-grieving-coping-loss/att3336-026cccc5-4c49-48ed-ab13-483ceb9b24b3-jpg  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,353, Level: 47 Points: 109,353, Level: 47 Points: 109,353, Level: 47

Re: rest in peace, UndeadKilljoy. - February 26th 2024, 05:43 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: rest in peace, UndeadKilljoy. - February 26th 2024, 07:24 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tay. Keeping you, Thomas' friends and family, and the punk scenes he impacted in my thoughts. May he rest in peace.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59

Re: rest in peace, UndeadKilljoy. - February 26th 2024, 09:12 PM

I am so sorry to hear this and you and his family and friends will be in my thoughts.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa
Pronouns: She / her

Points: 520, Level: 3 Points: 520, Level: 3 Points: 520, Level: 3

Re: rest in peace, UndeadKilljoy. - February 27th 2024, 05:13 PM

Mindflower, Im so sorry to hear of your loss. Im new here so never knew your fiance, and Im not the praying type but I wish the best for you and his family and friends. It sounds like he was a very special person, especially to you.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Re: rest in peace, UndeadKilljoy. - February 28th 2024, 10:08 AM

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out - my inbox is always open.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Rob
Pronouns: He/Him

Points: 101,236, Level: 45 Points: 101,236, Level: 45 Points: 101,236, Level: 45

Re: rest in peace, UndeadKilljoy. - March 1st 2024, 05:38 PM

Thank you for coming back to share your story with us, which is both very touching and hearfelt, but also quite frankly amazing.

I'm very sorry for your loss but I'm glad that TeenHelp has had such a profound impact on the course of your life and I hope that you had true happiness in the limited time you had together.

Your story is a reminder of the fleeting connections we make everyday online and where they can lead us to if we let them.

Please take the time you need to grieve properly, reach out here and elsewhere for support if you need it and I hope in time you are able to move on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.