TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashley 101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley cooper

Points: 7,153, Level: 12 Points: 7,153, Level: 12 Points: 7,153, Level: 12

Cyber bullied by my friend - June 29th 2013, 07:16 PM

She's not really me friend she slags me of behind my back but if I don't hangout with her all my friends turn against me today she and her two mates made a video and put it on Facebook about how fat and ugly I am and on Monday in got to sit on a table with her first lesson she caused me to self harm and cry and I don't know what to do that video will always be online and everyone can see it
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20 Points: 19,789, Level: 20

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - June 29th 2013, 10:18 PM

Hey Ashley,
Wow, that's just really mean of those girls(assuming they both are girls) to do that. Have you exported this to your school? Perhaps show it to a counselor or principal? I really think you should take a bigger step on this if those girls are cyber bullying you. Also have you told your parents about this? I think if you told your parents, it would be helpful since they could report it to the school, since the school might not listen to you. Anyways, I really think that it's important that you tell someone, especially your parents or a counselor. Well I hope this helped. If there's anything else you need, feel free to post here or PM/VM me.

Best of luck,
Rishy
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - June 29th 2013, 10:34 PM

Hi, Ashley!

I have to agree with Rishy here. You need to take action. It might be helpful, if you report this to the school, to have a copy of the video (you can get a program to download it and then put it on a USB stick) and a screenshot of when and where it was posted. You could, like Rishy mentioned, get your parents involved, as, from experience, it can make talking to the school about it easier.

Keep your head high, and don't let them get to you! They're only trying to bring you down because you're above them. Best of luck with reporting this!

~ Gareth
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,797, Level: 37 Points: 67,797, Level: 37 Points: 67,797, Level: 37

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - June 29th 2013, 10:40 PM

Hey.

Theres quite abit you can do to stop these bullies. First keep a diary/log of when they bully you and how they bully you.

Secondly. As most of this bullying seems to be happening online you have evidence. This can go as proof of what they have doing and will make it much harder for them to deny bullying you. The easiest way to get this evidence is to print off anything they say or do or if you are unable to print it off for a reason put all the things they do / say online into a microsoft word document by doing a printscreen (crtl shift printscreen - you might also need to press alt) and then save these into a microsoft doucment, then add these documents to the usb stick, and take either the printed off pages or the usb with these saved printscreens on them into school and show a teacher or an adult you trust.

In school could you ask to move seats and sit somewhere else, perhaps you could explain the situation to a teacher and see what happens ?

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ashley 101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - June 29th 2013, 11:36 PM

They mainly bully me annonamously but I know it's them this is the first time they have shown their faces but if I grass them up then all my friends won't talk to me x
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - June 30th 2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley 101 View Post
They mainly bully me annonamously but I know it's them this is the first time they have shown their faces but if I grass them up then all my friends won't talk to me x
Listen, I know it's hard going through this. Trust me, I have been in your shoes before, I know very well how it feels to be bullied. I know it's hard, but there's something very important here you have to understand: if you report the people bullying you and your "friends" stop talking to you for it, they are NOT your friends.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - June 30th 2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koharuchan View Post
Listen, I know it's hard going through this. Trust me, I have been in your shoes before, I know very well how it feels to be bullied. I know it's hard, but there's something very important here you have to understand: if you report the people bullying you and your "friends" stop talking to you for it, they are NOT your friends.
I agree completely.

And I know how much it hurts to have people you thought were your friends turn on you all of a sudden. It's horrible, and it's a recurring thing in my life. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But Haru is right, they're not your friends.

~ Gareth
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Ashley 101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - June 30th 2013, 08:48 AM

I'm just scared x
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - July 3rd 2013, 05:55 PM

It is scary but telling someone is the best thing to do.
As Haru mentioned, they are not your friends if they are doing this.
You can find new friends and get to know new people that will treat you how you should be treated.
IF they are doing this to you, who says they are not doing this to anyone else (or are not thinking about it). If you report them and show your school and your parents the evidence, something can be done about this so you do not have to put up with their horrible behavior any longer.
What they are doing is not right and they should not just get away with it. It hurts you and if you do not telll, they may not fully realize they are doing something wrong or they may realize it but believe that they can get away with these sorts of things which is not true.
The suggestions you were given in previous replies are very helpful and will definitely help with you being able to back up what you tell someone.
Stay strong and take care.
You can do this!

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Saoirse Offline
Blind Saint
Average Joe

Name: Connor

Points: 7,635, Level: 12 Points: 7,635, Level: 12 Points: 7,635, Level: 12

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - July 15th 2013, 06:39 AM

Well, if you live in the United States of America - there is some states that have laws that make both bullying and cyber-bullying specifically illegal. I recommend speaking to a counselor, a teacher, some 'real' friends (not the kind that you just described) or a parent. Try to go to any lengths to get that video removed. It is possible that the video could fall under the law which prevents slandering.

Slandering:
Verb
Make false and damaging statements about (someone).

If you need to take legal action, consider filing either a criminal or civil case against these people.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - July 20th 2013, 10:31 AM

If they stop talking to you because you report these people for bullying you, then they aren't true friends.
You could try and report the video to Facebook and they may remove it for you.
You should talk to someone, a teacher, counsellor, family or a family friend.
It's horrible to go through bullying alone, I suffered all the way through school in silence and ever since I have wished I had told someone.
Stay strong! You can get through this. PM me if you ever need to talk, my inbox is always open to people who want my help
<3
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Cyber bullied by my friend - July 21st 2013, 01:16 PM

I'm going to close this, as the replies are sort of repetitive. OP, if you feel it should be reopened, don't hesitate to PM me.

Closed Thread