TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
QueenElsa Offline
World Famous Choreographer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elsa Rugare
Pronouns: they/them/theirs

Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2

My Bullies are Moderators on this site - February 23rd 2022, 02:15 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi, I'm a returning TeenHelp member who's life was saved by this site when I was a teenager.

Now I've returned and found that some of my bullies are moderators on this site.

I feel completely unsafe on this website because I cannot "Ignore" these predators.

I have been [edited] by the KKK for being a Lesbian. I came back to life in the rope after an [edited] hanging, and I saved my own life.

That is to say: the bullies in my life are dangerous hate criminals, and I'm feeling unsafe on a website that's supposed to save lives.

I am the most severely targeted and bullied person in the whole world; and I am an intrepid survivor.

How can we make TeenHelp safe for everyone?

-Queen Elsa, a.k.a. Princess Peach

Last edited by hocus pocus; February 24th 2022 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Removed graphic content that is not necessary to receive support.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Rob
Pronouns: He/Him

Points: 101,199, Level: 45 Points: 101,199, Level: 45 Points: 101,199, Level: 45

Re: My Bullies are Moderators on this site - February 27th 2022, 11:20 PM

Hello Elsa,

Welcome back to TeenHelp. I'm very sorry for your past experience with TeenHelp, this isn't what we want our members to experience when they visit our site.

We strive to make TeenHelp as safe and supportive as possible for our members. Safety is central to everything we do; we absolutely do not tolerate bullies on the site.

To support this we have developed a comprehensive Safety Zone, to enable you to gain information you need; Terms of Services, which outlines clear rules all members must follow; and feedback system and complaints procedure so you can share concerns and resolve issues on the site.

I am not familiar with your specific situation of what may have happened in the past, however if you have had issues please reach out to myself or another Staff members to discuss your concerns with us. We will work with you resolve issues so you feel safe on the site.

From what you've said, it seems like you have further ideas in addition to what we are already doing, so please share these and we'd be delighted to look at them.

Kind regards,
Rob

Last edited by Rob; February 28th 2022 at 11:45 AM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: My Bullies are Moderators on this site - March 1st 2022, 01:58 AM

Hello Elsa,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome back to TeenHelp!

I believe Rob has already covered the important pointers, but as Forum Moderator I will just reiterate that we will try to make this as safe a space as possible for all our members. I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences in the past; I sincerely hope that you will feel more supported this time.

We have a new resource called LINKUp through which you can be matched to a mentor. The mentor will support you for an extended period of time (i.e. over weeks/months) if you feel you might need this form of support. You can sign up for LINKUp by choosing the 'LINKUp' option on the form: http://www.teenhelp.org/helplink/

Please feel to reach out to any of our staff members if you have any suggestions or concerns.

Take care,
Mallika

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread