TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Marie

Points: 8,992, Level: 13 Points: 8,992, Level: 13 Points: 8,992, Level: 13

Bullied by your own friend - March 2nd 2010, 11:32 PM

Hello, I’m currently doing my HSC year and doing society and culture as one of my subjects. As part of the course I have to make a Personal Interest project. I’m currently focusing in Bullying in circle of friends. To make it more vivid, its about a friend bullying another friend or vice versa. It can be a person you know, yourself or you can just voice your own perspective. It doesn’t really matter if you’ve been bullied or not, I just wanna know on the point of view as an individual. It would help me more if you got a story about this. I’m focusing at the moment on how it affects that friend that has been bullied by a friend. Thanks for everyone that would like to help me.

Yours truly, Marie ☺
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
sweety Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,878, Level: 13 Points: 8,878, Level: 13 Points: 8,878, Level: 13

Re: Bullied by your own friend - March 12th 2010, 07:37 PM

Being bullied by someone whom you trust alot is quite pain full... i mean one could isolate them selves off from everyone and become depressed if things are really bad.

work could also be affected.. it really depends on how the friend is bullying the person and how close the two people are.. how long they have known each other for etc...
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20 Points: 19,558, Level: 20

Re: Bullied by your own friend - March 12th 2010, 07:46 PM

Just focus on the shock of thinking you can trust someone, the betrayal. Its not only the bullying, its the hurt of someone you care about and you thought cared about you too doing it to you.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Blazer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mike

Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14 Points: 9,193, Level: 14

Re: Bullied by your own friend - March 14th 2010, 06:09 AM

You want a story? I got one for you.

This is pretty sad, but I was bullied before I made friends with this guy. It happened for a whole year with the main joke was calling me fat when all it was, was baby fat and in the end it made me stronger, but I had one guy who stood up for me. A year later I made friends with another who is the main guy and we became a trio. Me and the knew guy had everything in common to be honest. Games, anime, and TV. The only other thing being religion, him being strong, me at the time not to much at all.

A year latter the guy who stuck up for me went to another school so it was just me and this other guy. We were pretty good friends, but then he started to catch on the jokes other made for calling me fat and kept on making twinke jokes at me. At first I laughed, but then he continued to do it to and mostly to impress others.

It started to hit me a lot when it actually noticed it happening which was pretty much for about a year and a half. I told my parents, but I didn't want it to ruin my friendship with him. That's exactly what it did though when they told the school and the school didn't handle it well. He became mad at me and started to stop talking to me or abuse me even more mentally. In the end we made up before we left elementary going to different High Schools, but I don't talk to him know because I can't.

The thing that hurt me the most was a friend I truly thought I had a good relationship with, had so much in common with, and was like my only friend, had hurt me for his own interest. A friend who wouldn't even admit that as well.

He is probably the reason I never actually smile, only give a fake one to avoid the talk of why do I look so sad. The reason why I have no emotions, but anger that fill me. All of this and more that made me feel so horrible, all until leading up to my GF who has opened me up, but this isn't topic. I will say though that I could have turned out worse, but I didn't and I am lucky.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 20,847, Level: 20 Points: 20,847, Level: 20 Points: 20,847, Level: 20

Re: Bullied by your own friend - March 14th 2010, 09:02 PM

I know from experience of being bullyed by a friend, it feels like a knife going in your back, especially since this particular one has also lied to me and betrayed me. I don't take bullshit from anyone though, and same if it is a friend. I don't think of that as a friend so I cut her out of my life, best decision I ever made actually.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lea-x-fallen Offline
.just me.
Average Joe

Name: leanne
Location: in my mind, england, sunny side down, raining side up

Points: 10,180, Level: 14 Points: 10,180, Level: 14 Points: 10,180, Level: 14

Re: Bullied by your own friend - March 15th 2010, 11:15 PM

when i went up to secondry school i went with 2 other girls, my secondrdry was all girls, by the way. one was my only best friend. they just turnt on me. it hurt so much, i came home crying most nights. as a person it has changed me a lot. unless it has happened you have no idea. trust me. i became so withdrawn. they began with leaving me out of things, then putting me down, i became withdrawn and when i answered back they told my class i was bullying them. EVREYONE hated me. still i do not have many friends in my year group and very few in my class. it destroyed any confidence i had in my self, i guess it led to me becoming depressed at a young age, i know though it was a key thing in a way.

it is betrayal and it hurts so much and you blame yourself so much for it, even when it isn't your fault. if you have any questons just ask me. i don't mind. it's funny but i now talk to those people. i'm not friends i just talk to them, because they are friends with my friend.

leave me alone i'm not an angel

and i know i'm losing my mind for no real gain

<if you want to get out alive, run for your life>

Last edited by lea-x-fallen; March 15th 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: hit a wrong key and it submitted half done
Closed Thread