TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21 Points: 20,967, Level: 21

Cyber=Bullied on another forum - February 13th 2012, 10:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Today, a guy on another forum I joined started throwing abuse at me, he started a suicide thread on what people think about it and wrote about my cousin doing it nearly 4 year ago and that he left a little lad behind and that he would be watching down on him.
He started throwing abuse saying 'do you really think he will be watching down on his son you f***king idiot, he was selfish to kill himself if he had a son.'
My cousin didn't even know his girlfriend was pregnant when he did it, so he can't say he is selfish, we never found out the proper reason why he killed himself and we may never now. He seemed to think that because he didn't believe in God then the little boy's dad couldn't be watching down on him.
I am not religious but even I know he is because thats what dads do. And I know that my childhood hero is watching down on me. It doesn't mean you have to be religious to believe in them things.
I don't know what to do, he says I'm being delusional, I'm not. Its him that is if he is going to throw abuse at other people's stories after he asked for them.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: Cyber=Bullied on another forum - February 14th 2012, 01:06 AM

I don't really understand why you care so much about what some random jerk on the internet thinks and his tantrums. Let the mods in that forum deal with it. I'm 100% sure you're better than this and have more worthwhile things to do with yourself than squabble and debate over something like this. I've come across many douchebags like this and I just move on.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Cyber=Bullied on another forum - February 14th 2012, 03:31 AM

A random person on another forum was offending you, so the proper reaction on your part would be to either report it to the moderators and then ignore it. Perhaps he was trolling you or he had a stick up his ass, either way it's not bullying in any way in my view and the solution is literally at your fingertips. You're 22 not 12 years old so I'm not sure what you hope to get from posting this thread.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,875, Level: 16 Points: 12,875, Level: 16 Points: 12,875, Level: 16

Re: Cyber=Bullied on another forum - February 14th 2012, 06:07 AM

I'm sorry that you're upset and I understand why you would be. However, sometimes people (especially over the internet) can be very mean for any number of reasons. I would just ignore what this person has said about your cousin because in the end his negative opinions don't really matter. Maybe you could report the incident to a moderator on the forum? That would probably be the best thing to do if you see it necessary
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20 Points: 20,459, Level: 20

Re: Cyber=Bullied on another forum - February 16th 2012, 06:47 PM

Hi there,

I understand why you would be upset. Anybody would be if they had comments thrown at them via the internet. As the others have said, report the user/post to the Moderators on the website and see if they do anything. I wouldn't worry about it too much, since it's somebody over the internet but reporting it would be the wisest thing to do.

Take care.
Closed Thread